Alberta Beach

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been on the lake at Albera Beach latley? I've heard the ice is a foot thick. We are heading out there on Sunday to do some trail riding. Any info would be a plus!

yugoboss

Reaction score
Some friends of mine rode there on Wednesday, on the lake ,fields, said
it was ok for a first ride. Trails weren't that goo though.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info. if its not good we may hit the ditchs on hwy 43. i hear there is 3' drifts

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i was out there yesterday and if there were 3' drifts they've been beaten down now. the lake seemed alright though. watch out for ice ridges.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks grinny. we ended up just reiding the ditchs on hwy43. 1 hour into it i blew a head gasket but managed to get it back to the truck. was cruising along and all of a sudden it just bogged down and quit. i noticed the primer button was out all the way. weirdest thing. so got it fired back up and it spit and sputtered all the way back to the truck

homer

Reaction score
hey posnickie,
maybe, when you buy a yamaha you might be able to ride
yamaha apex(cloned)

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got a place at the beach and were out there 2 days ago. Saw some trucks on the ice so I'm guessing its at least a foot thick. It's been a little colder out there than in town and with the lack of snow I'm sure its safe to go anywhere but under the bridge...unless you're doing 60mph, then hang on.

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out today for the first time this year, COLD!!!!.. but the sled's run good with no problems. Can use more snow, hit a few rocks.

Where do you stage when you are out there?

SD

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if im not mistaken you can stage behind the hotel. follow the markers on the lake to the trails. did you get you pass yet :)

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if im not mistaken you can stage behind the hotel. follow the markers on the lake to the trails. did you get you pass yet :)

Hi posnick, thanks i thought guys might be staging at the arena, and yes I've had my ASA trail pass since early November.

A buddy of mine has a farm 4 miles west of 43, could stage their, but then have to BS for a hour before riding.

SD

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi posnick, thanks i thought guys might be staging at the arena, and yes I've had my ASA trail pass since early November.

A buddy of mine has a farm 4 miles west of 43, could stage their, but then have to BS for a hour before riding.

SD

if you stage at your buddies you can drink his :beer::beer::beer:when you get back. i blew my engine so as soon as i find a new sled, i may see you out there!

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how far you can go in the trails? last night we rode to darwell but seemed to run out of trails.

mikey11

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the trails go way past darwell.
I'm working on a house about 10-15 km west of darwell and there are marked trails heading north south across the road from the lake as well as a marked trail beside the road. the area i'm working also has a ton of trails around it, Haven't had a chance to check them out but hopefully friday i'll be done early and unload the mm700 and finally ride the flipin thing....!!!!!

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
posnick, stop at ECKO marine you can get a Alberta Beach Area Trail Map.
Trails will take you to Lake Isle, Lessard Lake, Pembina River and the proposed Trail Seekers trail. Theres even a Proposed trail to Sangudo.

SD

Top Bottom