Alberta/BC back country land closures thread.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
edf2f1d6453ed8d58dea12a0492cfc82.jpg

If this happens ? Sledding is done in the mountains.
The Pine Pass , Red Deer falls area’s will be completely shut down as well as many others .

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This is why we need to be supporting the bcsf now. They need funds to fight this and so far they don’t have many donations, if you want to continue riding please support them. Only 154 people or organizations have donated. Always thought there’s more than 150 given people riding in an area in a day. Obviously people aren’t worried by the amount of donations so far. Give $25, the price of a trail pass for a day.
https://www.gofundme.com/bcsf-land-access-for-public-snowmobiling

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A response from Tumbler ridge fella that attended meeting .

“Regarding the Caribou Mitigation Information Meeting(s):
I was holding off on my opinions until I had time to reflect on what was presented.
I have decided that:
1. We are pawns in a much bigger game.
2. The persons sitting at that table are puppets on a string. They are all doing their job and following the perimeters set out in their position mandate.
3. This meeting was a show, a smoke screen, a travesty of our highly prized democracy. Our opinions and positions will be summarized down to minimal points on a greater agenda and not given any heed. I had hoped it might be otherwise, but it became obvious after hearing various cagey responses that the Indigenous Land Agreement here-in is first and foremost. The caribou are a smoke screen.
4. I thought Jim Webb knew what he was talking about until he failed to answer Al Kangas’s question. The caribou on the active mining areas were a predominant feature throughout the years of mining. They were not spooked or agitated by the machines. In fact, they sought refuge among mankind’s comings and going’s. The wolves on the other hand behaved exactly the opposite. When mining operations ceased between 2000-03, the wolves used the man made corridors and accessed the higher elevations to decimate the caribou. The closing (not the operations) of the mines spelled the caribou’s extirpation.
5. The only valuable information we received at the meeting were the findings presented by Dale and conducted by the Parks Canada studies done over the past 15 years or so. These prove that the main problem are the wolves (which we have said all along). These also prove that the wolf cull has already been highly successful. Therefore the general consensus of the people in attendance is to continue with the culling.
6. While the Indigenous Peoples have done an admiral job of maternal penning and wish to take credit for the success of this program, make no mistake. It has been a lucrative enterprise for them. When it was suggested that we could run our own penning program here in TR, it was revealed that this is an extremely expensive way of getting the job done (I read somewhere that it worked out to $5,000 per day per animal for the 5-6 month period) and that the wolf cull is far more efficient. So while the government is prepared to put that money into the First Nations coffers, it is loathe to do so for the remainder of it’s constituents.
7. Climate changes are playing a huge role in the herds needs and migration habits. It is highly likely that all our efforts will be a waste of time and resources as we can’t change the weather patterns.
8. I don’t believe we accomplished anything with last night’s meeting. But we do have a better idea of where we stand and what to expect in the future. And the picture is not pleasant.”

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s some pretty crazy comment in there... City people..
I wonder if they realize they city they live in wasn't always a concrete jungle.

Maybe they should restore that habit.

Most of them almost go as far as saying we need to depopulate.

I agree,but they go first.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they realize they city they live in wasn't always a concrete jungle.

Maybe they should restore that habit.

Most of them almost go as far as saying we need to depopulate.

I agree,but they go first.

It’s amazing how these people that life in the big cities think they have all the answers, but haven’t even seen a tree much less been in a forest.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This speaks for itself. Here is an Alberta dealer that is jumping in and sending this out to their mailing list. Way to go Byron and staff.....

[h=1]Dear Valued Customers,[/h]

We need your help! Special interest groups and the federal government are now actively trying to shut down our snowmobile riding areas in BC immediately! Deadlines are fast approaching and the BCSF, with the help of the Revelstoke and Sicamous snowmobile clubs, need our help now with petitions and funding.

This is real folks! Every dollar no matter how small helps as we are in a fight for the backcountry with heavily funded groups with deep pockets.

Don’t go down without a fight. Don’t put it off and act today. We need your help!

Here are links that you can go write letters to, sign petitions, and donate to this important cause:

1. PETITION - Back Country Access Is Being Threatened In British Columbia
  2. GoFundMe - BCSF Land Access for Public Snowmobiling

d363016f47422f0508bacd14_1220x1104.jpg

Bow Ridge Sports | 229 Charlesworth Ave, Cochrane, AB T4C 1A6 | (403) 932-2019

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The website www.csccs.org does not even exist. These guys should get there crap together before pushing this issue, there site and organizations are new, and typical not even from any where near the areas that they are conducting these seminars.

Updade: csccs.org did not exist, I did some searching on it. Within minutes it started working, this is a brand new link that goes to the caribou and committees website.

Last edited:
Top Bottom