Airlift Bags - 14 Ram 2500

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking into a set of Arlift bags for my 14 Ram 2500. I'd prefer Firestones, but from what I understand, the design of them in this application takes away some suspension travel.

Anyone have any experience with the Airlifts?

Likely going to a wireless controller...most are telling me that a single path setup is sufficient compared to plumbing them separately...any reason to go to a dual path?

Thanks!!

RK

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dual path has better side to side stability. In single path in a corner you are loading the outside bag driving the air from it into the inside bag promoting lean.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Always run a dual path. You will be shocked on the first corner when your loaded up. I've got the Firestone on mine and they are good ride when loaded, really harsh when there is no load and i have mine set at 12 psi.

HILCLMR

Reaction score
I have a set of Carli bags for sale if you are interested. 12" of travel, best riding airbags around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Firestone on my 3500 Ram. Truck does not need any assist for what I haul (fifth wheel with 800 lb hitch weight). I keep them at 5 pounds.

Had a GM 1 ton that we converted to air ride suspension on the rear. Removed springs altogether and used air bags from Kenworth Each air bag had its own controller and that truck handled great with a load. It was much lower too though.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking into a set of Arlift bags for my 14 Ram 2500. I'd prefer Firestones, but from what I understand, the design of them in this application takes away some suspension travel.

Anyone have any experience with the Airlifts?

Likely going to a wireless controller...most are telling me that a single path setup is sufficient compared to plumbing them separately...any reason to go to a dual path?

Thanks!!

RK

Ride rites plumbed dual path with a airless controller. With a set of cradles. Waaay cheaper than Carli, you'll probably buy the bags ,compressor,controller and cradles for a hair over then just Carli bags.
PS who ever is telling you single path is the best way, is lazy or retarded!
I think I paid $500 for my wireless, $440 for my bags and $75 for cradles
When I ran Carli bags they were over $800 just for bags, and they never ran any smother for me than the above mentioned.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0084ROJBM?fp=1&pc_redir=T1

Free Shipping To Canada And Usa For Air Lift 72000 - Wirelessair On-board Air Compressor Systems | Tdot Performance

http://riderite.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride rites plumbed dual path with a airless controller. With a set of cradles. Waaay cheaper than Carli, you'll probably buy the bags ,compressor,controller and cradles for a hair over then just Carli bags.
PS who ever is telling you single path is the best way, is lazy or retarded!
I think I paid $500 for my wireless, $440 for my bags and $75 for cradles
When I ran Carli bags they were over $800 just for bags, and they never ran any smother for me than the above mentioned.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0084ROJBM?fp=1&pc_redir=T1

Free Shipping To Canada And Usa For Air Lift 72000 - Wirelessair On-board Air Compressor Systems | Tdot Performance

http://riderite.com

Appreciate the feedback guys....have a Airlift dual path and wireless controller sitting in the shop right now, just hasn't gone on the truck yet. Could you give me some info on the cradles? Don't know a lot about them.

Thanks!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cradles basically catch and release the bottom of air bags, the cradles get bolted to your axel. So air bags are free movement with your suspension.

PS they say 5 lbs min on bags. But I used to pull the schrader valves out when I was not hauling. But I used to zip tie bags up out of way.
Even 5 lbs those bags are rock hard!

Last edited:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cradles basically catch and release the bottom of air bags, the cradles get bolted to your axel. So air bags are free movement with your suspension.

PS they say 5 lbs min on bags. But I used to pull the schrader valves out when I was not hauling. But I used to zip tie bags up out of way.
Even 5 lbs those bags are rock hard!

Rule of thumb, 10lbs is for every 1000lbs of weight in ur truck. Ballpark. Too many use them to lift level their truck cause it looks better ....buy a lift! Rams ride rough enough without adding to the problem.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always run a dual path. You will be shocked on the first corner when your loaded up. I've got the Firestone on mine and they are good ride when loaded, really harsh when there is no load and i have mine set at 12 psi.

Bleed down to 5 lbs. It is the min they say in owners man. 12is a lot while mt.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Firestone bags dual lines. Work great.
Run 10 psi empty.

I put 30 psi in my bags then connect my toyhauler.

I think pressure then goes to 50 or 60 psi. I am not exactly sure.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Sorry to highjack this thread, I am also looking into air bags. What is the difference between the Firestones and Air Lift? I have a 2016 Chevy SRW 3500 with a leveling kit in it. Truck sits great empty, but soon I will have a sled deck with 2 quads on it pulling a travel trailer with a 1000 pound hitch weight. I had 2 sled on it last weekend and it sagged a bit so I know I need bags for the extra load.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to highjack this thread, I am also looking into air bags. What is the difference between the Firestones and Air Lift? I have a 2016 Chevy SRW 3500 with a leveling kit in it. Truck sits great empty, but soon I will have a sled deck with 2 quads on it pulling a travel trailer with a 1000 pound hitch weight. I had 2 sled on it last weekend and it sagged a bit so I know I need bags for the extra load.

I've never run airlift so can't say. But looking at the two on the shelf Imo Firestone are a better quality bag, been around along time but it's preference.
You are maxing out the 3500 srw, you must be close?

Last edited:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Firestone bags dual lines. Work great.
Run 10 psi empty.

I put 30 psi in my bags then connect my toyhauler.

I think pressure then goes to 50 or 60 psi. I am not exactly sure.

I think bags are 5000lbs helper = 50lbs of air but bags are good to 90 lbs I think.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback guys....have a Airlift dual path and wireless controller sitting in the shop right now, just hasn't gone on the truck yet. Could you give me some info on the cradles? Don't know a lot about them.

Thanks!

PS you get "T"s with the kit.
I plumbed in 2 manual fill Schrader valves just under my hood near grill.
Everyone puts them in the licence plate which to me is horrible when pulling a 35" trailer and trying to pull next to a air hose !
Front of truck is always the closest you will get, never have to worry about too short of hoses etc. Plus when I pull the Schrader s out no crap gets in lines.

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Firestone bags on my F350 SRW and have the valves inside my fuel door. Keeps them clean and easy access!

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
My truck is rated for 3634lbs. By my math quads, aluminum deck, and tongue weight is just under 3000. So I should be ok. Not going to be taking 2 quads too often, mostly 1 and a dirt bike. Firestone has a on board compressor option correct? An feedback on the wireless control system? I don't want to run gauges into the cab if I don't have too.

Thanks Scott

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My truck is rated for 3634lbs. By my math quads, aluminum deck, and tongue weight is just under 3000. So I should be ok. Not going to be taking 2 quads too often, mostly 1 and a dirt bike. Firestone has a on board compressor option correct? An feedback on the wireless control system? I don't want to run gauges into the cab if I don't have too.

Thanks Scott

I thought ya would be close, wife kids dog and luggage don't take long to eat up 600lbs. Anyway get the air lift wireless compressor. All you end up with is a hand held box a bit bigger than a garage door opener in the cab, no wires hoses etc. Gives you read outs of each bag and you can adjust on the fly. I added a switch to turn compressor on /off as I hated it burping on to keep air at set pressure.
Sometimes it adds air when unnecessary ie: everyone gets out at gas station, ya jump in box etc!

Other than that it's a nice clean set up.
With ride rite bags your golden!

Top Bottom