Air pods on 670HO-air temp sensor location

bleedwheat

Reaction score
Hello, new to the site and reletively new to snowmobiling, last winter I bought a 99 mxz 670HO and cut my teeth on the sport with it. This winter I'm stripping the powerplant from the S-2000 chassis and stuffing it in a 2006 Apex chassis that is in waaay better shape. Sort of a frankensled that me and a buddy are playing with, the big question is that the stock airbox won't work and will have to run filter pods, so where is a good place for the air temp sensor that came from the factory 670 airbox? And what kind of pipe would work well with a stock 670HO motor besides the center dump? A 583 pipe maybe? I need it to be end dump. Thank you in advance and keep up the great site!

hanky670

Reaction score
That air temp sensor is only needed if you plan on running the DPM unit if your just straight jetting which you will probably have to do with pods just eliminate it all together As for a pipe find yourself a rev 800 pipe and can and mod it into the chassis I'm not familiar with the yamaha chassis and exhaust routing but it I'm sure it could work

bleedwheat

Reaction score
Well we were hoping to be able to keep the DPM, why remove something that works, right? Would it work if I just ran it on one side of the pods?

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had K&N pods with pre filters on my 670HO, we zip tied the air temp sensor between the pods at the rubber boots. It worked well for us.

bleedwheat

Reaction score
Awesome, I think ill just do the zip tie trick for now, I want to keep the motor as stock as possible. When we get some progress done on it ill be back with more technical difficulties im sure, thanks a lot guys.

bleedwheat

Reaction score
Alright, I'm back, and I was wondering if there would be an issue with lengthening the DPM lines? They are normally about 8 inches to the carbs but with some space issues we are thinking of putting the DPM unit near the front of themotor, would this affect how it works?

Top Bottom