air bubble in the oil line?

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i after i got my sled back from the mechanic about 1 1/2 hours of riding the one piston went, and just before that the dealer put in a new stator, so they are blaming the the piston on a air bubble that was in the oil line, is that possible? is it possible to take the stator out of a '07 800R without taking the engine out? and it was just ONE piston that went lean, so if it was a air bubble in the line wouldnt both pistons go instead of just one?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man, you're just having a ch!t run of luck eh bud? sorry for your grief

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah man, i'm just spinning round and round and not moving an inch.... my fist bill was $1200 for parts, next bill was $160 for the welding, next bill was $400 for the asembling of the engine, the next bill was $1,000 for the stator and labor, the next bill is $1,300 so i have a total of $4060 just for the f'in engine, i could have got a new one for 2300

its not cool, its not fun, i'm spendint money left right and center....money i dont have. i just spent over 4g's on my truck, and who knows what the next repair bill is going to be cuz its in the shop yet again!!!

i'm sooo pissed right now i dont know what to do

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep your chin up man, every streak comes to an end, good and bad.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea but what next? is the other piston going to go?

snotwister

Reaction score
In my opinion; you dont lose a piston for bubbles in the oil line.Its not totally uncommon to see small air pockets in the oil line.I would have thought they would have mixed the first tank of gas after the rebuild anyway.Also if it was a lack of oil problem then you wouldnt just blow a piston.Lack of oil would heat up the rod noticeably and most likley take out the bearings.Ifit went lean then there is another problem somewhere.(seals?).Good luck, dave.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it was an air bubble it would have had problems with that hole side [ crank bearings, rod bearings ect.... do ya have a pic of the bad pistion?

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont have pics, i could probly get the piston back from the dealer. but they blamed the piston on the a bubble in the oil line, they didnt want to be resposable for the damage, so they made up a lame excuse to say their was a bubble in the oil line...as soon as i hear that i thought it was BS

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i after i got my sled back from the mechanic about 1 1/2 hours of riding the one piston went, and just before that the dealer put in a new stator, so they are blaming the the piston on a air bubble that was in the oil line, is that possible? is it possible to take the stator out of a '07 800R without taking the engine out? and it was just ONE piston that went lean, so if it was a air bubble in the line wouldnt both pistons go instead of just one?

I had a bubble in the oil line me and my dad had the oil tank out to fix coolent drip so fixed that. put the oil tank back in then first ride going up the trail something went real loud shut it off. could not find anything so dad takes it for a rip i get too him wont pull over. so tow it back get home pull the head and both pistons went.:realmad:

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they removed the motor you should approach the dealer as follows:
"An air bubble!!! So your mechanic didn't bleed the oil line after installing the motor???"

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they removed the motor you should approach the dealer as follows:
"An air bubble!!! So your mechanic didn't bleed the oil line after installing the motor???"

we did, but they said they didnt take the engine out to work on the stator

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh im not sure if u can realy work on the staytor with the engine in there..... if it was me i'd pull the engine to do it...

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i got their to pick it up i'm going to ask them how they did it without taking the engine out....i cant see how its possible

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah man, i'm just spinning round and round and not moving an inch.... my fist bill was $1200 for parts, next bill was $160 for the welding, next bill was $400 for the asembling of the engine, the next bill was $1,000 for the stator and labor, the next bill is $1,300 so i have a total of $4060 just for the f'in engine, i could have got a new one for 2300

its not cool, its not fun, i'm spendint money left right and center....money i dont have. i just spent over 4g's on my truck, and who knows what the next repair bill is going to be cuz its in the shop yet again!!!

i'm sooo pissed right now i dont know what to do

I'll give ya $3500 for the sled and truck?

J/K Sounds like you got work done at Turples!

Last edited:
Top Bottom