Air Box Snorkel on 08 KQ

AC4life

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has snorkeled their air box on an 08 King quad yet. I would like to do mine, but from looking at it it could be tricky to do. Not a whole lot of room. If someone has any info on how to do it, or the best way to go about doing it...i would appreciate some info.

Qub3d

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has snorkeled their air box on an 08 King quad yet. I would like to do mine, but from looking at it it could be tricky to do. Not a whole lot of room. If someone has any info on how to do it, or the best way to go about doing it...i would appreciate some info.

Ditto for me as well - Thanks

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was in Robb on the weekend and there was one there and it looked very easy. For the intake he used flex hose and there is lots of room. He did the same for the exhaust but with 1 1/2 on that 2" on the intake, that is for the clutch cover. And for the intake he ran 1/2" ABS and it all seemed to work and look good. No pics though.

feyd

Reaction score
Check the NYROC Suzuki forums...there is tons of info there.

I did my KQ700 using 2" ABS and ran it straight to the TB (air box removed).

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

feyd

Reaction score
this is what it looks like now....air filter and drycharger are above the fender. Worked great at Robb a couple weekends ago. The air filter opens at the top so I can actually go into water approx 8-10" above the fender w/o it going into the air filter.

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

Qub3d

Reaction score
:eek: :D Very nice. What's the purpose of putting the rad up on the top rack? Did you keep the fan on the back of it once it was moved?

feyd

Reaction score
:eek: :D Very nice. What's the purpose of putting the rad up on the top rack? Did you keep the fan on the back of it once it was moved?

Thanks!

The purpose for the rad going up there is so that it doesn't get clogged with mud, which then overheats your quad.

IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

this is what the quad looked like after the Robb Rally. they had a guy with a water tank and pressure washer at the first check point cleaning all the quads off because people were overheating with clogged rads. I didn't touch mine!!! btw- it's a Highlifter triple core rad and the universal relocation kit....worth every penny.
IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Steve you should maybe invest in one of those front rack roll bars cause if you flop it over your going to knock that rad off in a hurry

Top Bottom