Air Box Issue on XP 800 2008

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 XP 800 Summitt
I took my airbox off on the weekend and had a big problem even getting it off(Took me 20 minutes to remove) and now it will not go back on
It seems like the Carbs are moved back but I checked the fit to the boots and
it is as tight as I can get it The Left side carb will work but it is the right side that is the issue cannot get airbox boot back in there to even slide on

I am frustrated trying over and over again and still will not fit
I have had it off maybe 4 times over the last year and it removed fine before
Real weird

Any ideas

Help

birdie

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
loosin the band clamp mayby... lol

post some pics that would be of some help, sorta hard to visualize the problem. Had mine off many times as well without a problem. Mayby some wires or rad hoses moved and are not getting in the way? There is 1 grey DPM connector there that is quit bulky and could have moved on you.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 XP 800 Summitt
I took my airbox off on the weekend and had a big problem even getting it off(Took me 20 minutes to remove) and now it will not go back on
It seems like the Carbs are moved back but I checked the fit to the boots and
it is as tight as I can get it The Left side carb will work but it is the right side that is the issue cannot get airbox boot back in there to even slide on

I am frustrated trying over and over again and still will not fit
I have had it off maybe 4 times over the last year and it removed fine before
Real weird

Any ideas

Help

birdie

A little lube on the boots, goes along ways. Its funny how U can fight with stuff then alittle WD and it falls together. Not 100%sure if this is your problem, but it might help!:beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you had to mess with carb boots to get the lower airbox off....one tab, one wire connection, and one upper tab to move and the airbox is out in less than 30 seconds.....when you remove the airbox, the boots and plastic plate they are mounted to should stay there.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you had to mess with carb boots to get the lower airbox off....one tab, one wire connection, and one upper tab to move and the airbox is out in less than 30 seconds.....when you remove the airbox, the boots and plastic plate they are mounted to should stay there.

Teeroy, where is the upper tab located? I tried to slide out my lower airbox a little while ago, and found the tab on the side, but not the upper tab. Thanks in advance.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

One wire connection? What wire connection are you talking about.

bailer

Reaction score
Lower air box removal:

The main box at the carbs slides out past the secondary. There is a tab to press and twist at the junction of the two boxes and then another tab to press that holds the brake line. It slides off the plate attatched to the carbs, so no more dealing with carb boots. Once out, you may want to glue the rubber grommets at the bottom of the box in place before you lose them. When reinstalling, the box slides back into place, clip the two boxes together, and give the box a sharp rap to get the brake line clip back in place. Hope that makes sense.

Top Bottom