Air Bags

toysplus

Reaction score
Hey all you guys with air bags, is it normal to loose all air pressure overnight (or sooner). Have a new install but it doe's not seem right to leak out like that.:nono:

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I first installed mine I had some major leaks like that also. I double checked the fittings and added a little liqued thread sealant and double checked the hoses. After a bit everything seemed to settle a bit and seal up on it's own. I still experience some loss of pressure but minimal at best, 2-3 psi over 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

wiseguy

Reaction score
I used to have the same problem. Not over night though, it would take about a week. Changed all of the quick connect fittings that came with the air bags to compression fittings. No leakage at all now.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would soap test the fittings...fill a cup with warm water, and mix in a good squirt of dishsoap. Brush it on and around all the fittings...if it blows bubbles, you have a leak. It shouldn't leak down overnight...there is a major somewhere.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I installed mine this spring I had a faulty fitting ( the one used to inflate on bumper) changed it out and all has been good now. Hardly loose any pressure. Use a old windex bottle with soapy water and start spraying

toysplus

Reaction score
Thanks guys, on my next days off I will be doing an inspection, just wondered if it was normal. Now I know that its not

Top Bottom