age old question

brent n

Reaction score
so its time to shop for tires i got a 650 rincon so no low range but want to put some mud bugs on in the spring thinking of maybe 27x9x12 all the way around or do u really need wider on the back any pros and cons to both ways. thanks

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have an old '99 AC 500 3x4 with 27x10-12 on all four and wish i had went 12's on the back. Had a 98 AC 454 and had 12's on the back and 10's on the front, seemed to dig better than the 10's on the rear. Maybe it's just me.....my 2cents

brent n

Reaction score
ok what would be a better tire always have run mud bugs seem like a good self cleaning tire but was told swamp lites are a better tire? running mud lite xtrs on the wife could they are great too just pricey (already on when quad was bought)

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zillas are much lighter than Mud bugs or XTR's and blow those XTR's out of the water. Narrower tires dig better, but if you ride much skeg or snow, you'll appreciate having wider tires. In comparing mud bug performance to XTR's, I've found a wider set of mud bugs to perform way better because they float a bit better on the snow instead of digging you to the straight to the bottom and high centering you.

I think you'd be very happy with a set of Zilas, 12" in the back and 10" in the front. Also, because they're so light, you'll find your machine to be a bit peppier. Like your Rincon, my grizzlies aren't power monsters but they turn 28" Zillas great.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MudInMyBlood Forums Maxxis ATV Tires

Mudbug is also a light tire. I prefer Mudbugs on lower power machines, Zillas for a more sporty machine. Either one would work well on a Rincon in the 27" size range. I like 11/12's on rear, 9/10's on ft as well. In Alberta you'll find yourself sinking a bunch with skinnys all 'round....

Top Bottom