Aftermarket throttle xp

rylester331

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get an aftermarket throttle for my xp , I hate the stock throttles, they are way to stiff compared to all the new ones

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes as tex says cut 2 coils off carb springs. And keep throttle cable well lubed
I took 3 off be careful throttle still needs to snap shut , cutting to many coils. Will be dangerous

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year XP is it? Some were known to have bad throttle cables that fray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just flip the throttle return spring tang to the next holder if you know what im talking about and it takes some of the tension off. I did it on my 09 and my throttle feels like an etec now

rylester331

Reaction score
Just flip the throttle return spring tang to the next holder if you know what im talking about and it takes some of the tension off. I did it on my 09 and my throttle feels like an etec now
Yea mine is an 09 aswell and yea its terrible compared to the new ones !! So what did you do ?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you mean new ones being etecs well of course it is stiffer. Your not pulling up carb slides on an etec.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's what you do.... There is a return spring on the carbs. Un wind it 1 full turn, that's it. It will pull just as easy as an etec. I have done it and ran mine that way for seasons. I should mention I don't really ride colder than -20 with that sled. Pretty sure doo went with extra tension for guys out east who run colder temps and have a better chance of carb freezing problems.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's what you do.... There is a return spring on the carbs. Un wind it 1 full turn, that's it. It will pull just as easy as an etec. I have done it and ran mine that way for seasons. I should mention I don't really ride colder than -20 with that sled. Pretty sure doo went with extra tension for guys out east who run colder temps and have a better chance of carb freezing problems.
That's what the carb heaters are for lol

I'm going to try this with my xp for the wife, her thumb cramps up all the time

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell her to get off it once in awhile. Haha

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did exactly what Oler1234 said and it makes a difference, feels just like an etec, but make sure your cables are good, no kinks, frays etc as it wont have the tension now to snap back as hard as it did. My thumb would always cramp up on the trail especially early season after not riding all summer but no issues now.

Top Bottom