Aftermarket RZR seats worth the money?

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive had passengers complain about the plastic support hitting there sides when ever i hit a big jump.

i tell them to lose weight and shut up!!

i personally dont find the seats THAT bad but i do like the look of the aftermarket ones, and they do look quite a bit more comfy.

i was thinking of maybe looking into a bench type seat like this

has anyone had any expierence with these seats or aftermarket seats for that matter?

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mind my stock seats at all but those look pretty good. I thought there was some one on this forum who has those. Maybe they would chime in.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea and that doesn't seem like that bad of a price either. assuming you could sell your stock seats and get a hundred bucks or two out of them

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
op-will-surely-deliver-lets-just-wait.jpg

Surely the guy with the seats will chime in....

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
Hey I have the 50/50 PRP bench in my rzr-s. I love them. Mine were about $1100 shipped to my door but I also got them heated (A must). LOVE THE HEATED PART. oh and wife does as well.

Her and my son fell asleep while doing 100+ on a rough lake. Hahah. (gull lake, AB)

I did a review on the rzr forum of the seats. Here it is...

Well I thought I would give a review on the PRP Heated 50/50 Bench seat for the rzr-S since I could not find one anywhere before I bought. This might help others who are looking for a bench seat as well.

Before I start I just want to say that I am in no way associated with PRP or any other company that builds or sells seats. Also any issues that I have or had I did not bring up with the vendor because it is not really a big deal to me.

first off I bought the Bench seat because my wife and I have a 4 yr old son that loves to ride with us. A rzr4 just isnt for me for the time being.

anyway I talked to PRP and bought a sweet seat that is heated and also matches my 2012 rzr-sle Orange Madness perfectly.

Well to start it off the customer service from PRP is easily one of the best I have dealt with from any and all vendors I have bought from in the past.

So when the seats first arrived they were awesome. Quality was second to none. The only complaint that I have is that some of the seams dont match up perfect they are a bit off from seat to seat (where the bench part lines up) but this is not really a big deal and doesnt effect the seat in anyway just the looks.

I then removed the stock seat mounts and put them on the PRP seats. they fit perfectly and there was no need to modify anything. After the mounts were installed I installed the seats in the rzr just to get the feel of them. Well im not a big guy but I am average. I weigh 215-220 and im about 6' tall well I noticed that the seats raise you about 2-4" and move you forward about 2-3" (and this is with the seat pushed as far back as it will go on the mount, I couldnt go all the way back tho or I couldnt get my fingers through the hole to remove the seat). Im not sure if there is adjustments that can be done but I dont think so. This is not a huge deal for me but I do notice it hard to get in and out of the rzr a little more. For those people who chopped their roof this could be an issue if you wear a helmet and for those taller guys also an issue cause you might hit your knees on the dash. As for sitting in the seat WOW what an amazingly comfortable seat. It hugs me perfect, I love it.

The Bench seat is also a 50/50 bench seat which is awesome. The seats are a bit heavier than a stock seat so without the 50/50 split wow this would be ackward to remove. If any of you guys or gals are like me. My wife and I argue anytime we help each other. Either removing a seat or her helping me back to truck up to hook up a trailer. Hahhaa. Thank god for review camera on my tailgate.

Now installing the harnesses. The harness install is easy as 1-2-3. the only pain in the arse would be to remove the seat after the harness install. I can see that being a huge pain. But I can see this with all seats, just the nature of the beast.

Now the heated seat install and function. The install at first I was thinking was going to be a HUGE pain. But it was way easier than I thought (I am mechanically inclined. Easy tho if not) I just ran the wires on either side of the rzr and then under the dash and tied the wires into an accessory plug hanging and attached to the 12V plug wires. Really simple. and the heated seats are AWESOME. My wife loves them. It was -10 today well riding and I actually had to turn my seat off cause I was getting to hot. I rode for a good 100km and had no issues with the battery going low. I was running my svworks stereo and heated seats but my lights were turned off. (shouldnt have an issue with lights on I just had them off) So for those guys who ride in the winter with your wives. Well how many times have you heard the cry about a cold arse. Well no more crying...

Now comfort in the seats with my wife and kid. My son isnt a big kid for his age he is only about 35-40 lbs, my wife is 5'7 and about 120-130. but it was a tight fit for us. although we did have all our winter riding gear on which makes us WAY bigger. My drive ability was down because I couldn't steer to the right very good cause my arm had to be up due to my son being right next to me. Not a huge deal for me but some others maybe. and my son is only 4 so shouldnt be riding that hard anyway. He was also of course wearing a helmet.

Well thats pretty much it for the review, if anyone has any questions please send me a pm or reply to this thread. I just thought I would give all of you looking for a bench seat a review of the one I bought. I have no experience with any other seat so I cant help others who want to go with a different seat.

All I can say is that the seat I picked (PRP) even tho there was a few minor things for me it is still an amazing seat. If I had to do it all over again I would go with PRP again. and the heated seat function is a MUST if you do winter riding.

so out of 10 here is my review..

Customer Service = 10/10
quality = 9/10
finish = 7/10
comfort = 9/10
installation = 10/10
Fit = 8/10
Heated element = 10/10
Ride Comfort = 10/10

hope I didnt miss anything. Here are some attached pics. As you can see my son loved it. everytime we were driving he fell asleep in the first 5 mins.

Thanks

Stiff

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338526211.363882.jpg

Hope you can see the seat in the picture.

Hope this helps

Stiff

PS. And questions ask away or email me at stiffler911@gmail.com

Top Bottom