Aftermarket Running boards

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering what you guys are running for aftermarket boards on your M's? leaning towards B&M tubulars, open to suggestions on a good insert if anyone is making them.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin was runnin Air Frames on his XP. They were pretty sweet. I would assume they also make em for the M.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have skinz air frames on my 08 M8. They are a littly pricey but worth every penny! I wouldnt hesitate to put them on another sled. They dont hold any snow at all and are super strong. Plus they look wicked.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look up arctic fozzy on here he should have some still for sale ....I believe he makes them ... they are nice boards

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look up arctic fozzy on here he should have some still for sale ....I believe he makes them ... they are nice boards

yup he makes good ones and he also makes a gauge bracket that works great too

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG-20121015-00298.jpg IMG-20121104-00342.jpg
couple pics for you of what he has the gauge bracket also lets out heat

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the modrods monster board inserts on mine, good improvement over stock.

bmac97

Reaction score
SKINZ air frames once you have them you will never keep the stock boards on another sled agian

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^
What he said. Had them in 2010 and will be installing on next sled as well.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run mod rods inserts on my 11 and they're not as great as air frames but night and day over stock I was going to put them on my 13 but the snow doesn't stick to the factory boards

ajb1205

Reaction score
I have MadFab EZ Boards on my m8. Great price, you dont have to cut anything, and they work great.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running m-series's for a long time. Stock running boards are terrible. Even the inserts/eliminators never worked for me. We have just cut the old boards out and bolted 1/2 inch aluminum tubing on. Then use self tapping screws for traction. Total cost about 50 bucks. The airframes are nice, but cost quite a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was tossing the idea around about doing my our, was thinking or welding up a set, but I like your bolt on style. May incorperate your style and do a little bit of customizing. how are they for strength?

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in law came up with the idea. He did his but I was pretty skeptical that they wouldn't stand up with all the trees, rocks, and stumps we hit. But after a year of his standing up I did mine. They have been flawless. No ice. No snow. And the only tbing that had ever broken is that back factory bracket. Which has no relation to the mod. And I'm pretty sure the skinz ones would have bent on a hit like that. I got the tube and the size m10(I think) bolts and nylon locking nuts all from totem. Just cut the tube at a 45 degree angle so it sits flat on the stock outer rail. They are stiff as factory too. No flexing.

Last edited:

ARCTIC FOZZY

Reaction score
I think you would be very happy with my boards. They are honestly simply amazing, I hated the factory boards they were just horrible. And after I put these on I would never use anything else again. In my opinion best bang for the buck and they look very professional. There are lots of people on here running them on there sled and I have had nothing but good replies on them.

Thanks. Brandon

pm me if interested.

Let it snow, let it snow.

Top Bottom