Aftermarket must haves

mikeo2

Reaction score
Ok, I'm buying a 2011 M8 162 snopro, brand new from dealer. I'm a stubblejumper who grew up ditch banging. I've been to golden sledding twice with rented machines. What are the must do's to this new sled to make it mountain capable without going overboard on nos systems and thy type of thing.

Jayste

Reaction score
Running boards inserts I like the throttle ups, side vents, goggle warmer, can of some kind to lose weight, guage relocate, and extreme low windshield or no shield.

ajb1205

Reaction score
I just picked up a new-in-crate 2011 m8 sno pro ltd a couple weeks ago and asked the same question. The gauge relocated is a must imho (Canada Sled Parts has them for a good price) as is the full length HD belly pan. It is a bit more money (think I paid around $170 or so for it) but it also protects your diamond drive and disc brake. I got rid of the stock suitcase and threw in a Jaws can and just installed a set of gill style side vents from Proven Design Products. As mine is a ltd it came with the goggle warmer as well as the hand guards and handlebar bag (which I use all the time). The last thing I may look at doing is a progressive helix but I'll see.

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Here is a link to a thread we did on the build of a M6, most of it will be just as applicable to a 2011 M8, the tunnel kit would not be required.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The Arctic Cat Goggle Warmer Bag is an inexpensive no brainer, a handlebar bag, tunnel bag, fuel rack of some description, scrathchers....

Knee pads are a nice addition.

Tether should almost be a mandatory item

A can, Jaws is VERY loud, and there are several other options out there.

craptabulous

Reaction score
Im a big fan of the abc kit for the primary from thunder products . The external belt adjuster is nice .

indy500

Reaction score
The aluminum oil tank insert that prevents your oil tank from warping and spilling oil all over the place is a great cheap upgrade,,,

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the "geo mod" on the rear skid. Info can be found on snowest. It's free just takes an hour or so.

scrub

Reaction score
There is a kit from Artic Cat that provides guards to go around the hand warmer switches and kill switch. They just glue on and are pretty cheap. Makes it way harder to accidently hit switches while riding.

snowbuster

Reaction score
A chrome moly riser is a good improvement, after bending 2 stock adjustable risers I upgraded to chrome moly made from wild child industries I think is the name, it has had harder hits and still solid. The length can be made to whatever you specify, so no fiddling with riser blocks. Cutting a little length off of your snowflap will make it last a little longer as well.

Top Bottom