After hours sled service in Sicamous

xpsledneck

Reaction score
It is not cool to have that on your sign, but.... I spend a lot of time in sicamous and the majority of the time H20 is closed. We get up to go riding - closed. We come home after- closed. Always closed. I have been having good luck in previous years with powder lights and BRP parts.
I can't imagine how many sleds that shop would sell if he really tried. I suspect that he could loose the dealership if BRP realized how many sales are missed through that location.
Guess I am being an ass now, but it would be really nice to see skidoo better supported in that area because the predominant brand is BRP.
Trevor at Macs fixed my sled in the dark on the trailer at 8pm so I could ride the next day, that guy gets as much of my business that I can send him.
i buy all my sleds from H2O and he sells out every year so i diont think he is going any where soon and i get good service from them as well.

Reaction score
Hello I will say it is an old school reaction. Unfortunately people out there will never know what lead me to put this slogan on my sign. But all I will say is that if I put it out there people would understand what lead me to my actions. Attacking a persons business is one thing but when their actions start affecting a mans family it becomes personal. I am in Sicamous to provide sledder's a service that is needed and try to have the parts needed in stock to keep everyone riding when the oh **** moments happens or their sled fails. To this day if I don't have a part and I know H2O might have it in stock I am the first one to send them over there. In the big picture of service it is about helping out the customer in which it should be every business owners goal. I hope this might answer some of the thoughts that are going through peoples minds. Jason

Reaction score
Yes I did send 2 guys across street as if I don't have a part and someone else in town does I will make sure I do what I can to get the customer going. Its all about customer service.

Reaction score
I am sorry you felt unwelcome in our shop. I will say there is not any one customer that is not welcome through are door at any time. It don't matter what you ride nor drive. We are there extended hrs to help as many riders as we can and try are best to have the parts guys need. Can't stock everything but do what we can to get a person going. Feel free to stop in any time and visit our friendly shop. Truly have a good day

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jason, from one business owner to another forget what H20 is saying or doing. Focus on your business and everything will take care of it's self. Slander regardless of the situation does not make you look good. Actually the opposite. The fact we don't know what was done to make you do that makes it even worse. If we did we might have some compassion...

I like your attitude that you will help a customer at any cost even sending them to the competition. THAT is what will bring a customer back, as will good quality work, repairs done properly, the first time.

I am in the service industry as well and am going up against one of the three largest CNC manufacturers in the world. I hold my own based on principals, quality work and an attitude same as you, get the customer up and running what ever it takes.

It is good to know the competition, their weak points, even their faults. But that should not be used to bash but to excel in that area to get an edge. Focus on what you do best, It sounds like you are respected so push forward, stay the path but leave the bashing out of it IMO.

craig3972

Reaction score
I was sent across the street for a part by Jasons staff.

Sicamous businesses have only a few months to make their cash. In the summer when I am on vacation, its a emergency when my boat is broke down, I need it fixed asap. Most of the boat repair shops in town work early, late and weekends to make the most money they can over the short (2 month) summer boating season.

Sledding is a similar activity, if my sled is not working it an emergency to me. I need it fixed right away, and 9 to 5hrs doesn't really resonate with me.
Capitalism will take care of this, a new service provider will set up shop, cater more to the realistic needs of sledders and will gain more market share.

When I am in town I can tolerate the service provided by Bow Cycle or others because I have the luxury of time on my side. Last year my buddy bought a $2000.00 C3 belt drive assembly from PowderLites when his new SkiDoo chaincase was blown apart by a chain break. All should be covered under warranty, but he wanted to ride it the next day. PowderLites put the belt drive system on for him that night so it was ready for the morning.

Dont use Mazaks! ...lol
Jason, from one business owner to another forget what H20 is saying or doing. Focus on your business and everything will take care of it's self. Slander regardless of the situation does not make you look good. Actually the opposite. The fact we don't know what was done to make you do that makes it even worse. If we did we might have some compassion...

I like your attitude that you will help a customer at any cost even sending them to the competition. THAT is what will bring a customer back, as will good quality work, repairs done properly, the first time.

I am in the service industry as well and am going up against one of the three largest CNC manufacturers in the world. I hold my own based on principals, quality work and an attitude same as you, get the customer up and running what ever it takes.

It is good to know the competition, their weak points, even their faults. But that should not be used to bash but to excel in that area to get an edge. Focus on what you do best, It sounds like you are respected so push forward, stay the path but leave the bashing out of it IMO.

Powderlites

Reaction score
We at Powder Lites Inc have always been helping people out for over 15 years and yes at times we have worked very late or made parts come out of my own sled to get guys going.
Welding pipes to broken A-arms etc. Sledders come a long way to have some great riding and Sicamous people wouldn't be doing very well without tourism.
Hope everyone keeps dropping by our shop to check out what is new and we be happy to fix up your ride. Dave Forsyth and staff.

Attachments

• P1010389a.jpg
    P1010389a.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 197

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will second Dave at powder lights for going out of his way to help someone out, been there done that... Thank you dave and your guys for the support.. Will always be comming back

as for h20... Not sure if they are the same grumpy two that still own it but back a few years we had a exhaust sensor go on a stock etec, we Elaminated it by swapping sensors and it was evident what was causing the cel light..

we we stoped by h20 in mid morning and asked if the had a sensor( 100 dollar part) to replace, they sold us the sensor but could not get us in the shop to hook to budds to remove code, it had to be done to allow sled not to be in limp mode.. Literally beg them, and offered extra money to do it... Answer still no..

as as we go out side when we are leaving the mechanic was installing. Pipes on a sled, after a quick discussion with him we find its the owners personal sled, and he goes on to tell us, if you don't buy the sled from the h20 good luck on anything from the shop..

He then goes on to tell us there is a guy down town that could help us.. Not sure what their bussiness was called anymore but he helped us out and had a solfware program budds to reset code at the time, we bought some other stuff as well and was great to work with..

I had heard in the past about h20, but never exspeirenced it...we had put a complaint in with brp and remember being told we were not the first that month that did...

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We to got turned away from h2o. Drive 8 hours to ride, support the economy for a week to having a buddy hit a stump and tweek a arm which h20 had in stock. We ripped down off the blue as quick as we could to get to h2o as quick as we could to grab one but as we were getting there they were just closing the gate. Us too begged the guy to run in and grab us one. We were gonna pay extra as well. But no luck and it was a Saturday. We come to find out it was the owners son that was closing up and couldn't be bothered to open back up to sell us a-arm.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fredw and Miltons stories are a dime a dozen. BRP receives nothing but complaints about this dealer from out of town riders. However he does a great job for his customers I am told. Its the way he chooses to operate his business and that is his choice. Could he be more successful? A properly run business in Sicamous could be a pot of gold because of the boating business in the summer and the sledding in the winter. The owner is missing out in my opinion. Vote with your wallet. The strong always survive. The best advice I can give Jason is to concentrate on your store and just out hustle him. You will be rewarded in the end. It worked for me for 25 years competing against the Calgary market when I was in the business.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you really think he gives his customers good customer support.. I have a hard time believing that, if he treats non customers that way, I wonder if his customers have just accepted his attitude, I know of guys that drive the extra distance to avoid this fool..

Brp to me Could and should have there own outlet store in revy... It could involve factory rides, demo sleds, rental distribution, r&d testing and invoke winter and summer activities with a 24 hr parts ware house distribution, brp needs to clean dead dealers like above.... we in a city of 70000 people have no dealer since a small town dealer 60 miles away complains to much is not acceptable..

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we need snow enough already with the drama boys............

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you really think he gives his customers good customer support.. I have a hard time believing that, if he treats non customers that way, I wonder if his customers have just accepted his attitude, I know of guys that drive the extra distance to avoid this fool..

Brp to me Could and should have there own outlet store in revy... It could involve factory rides, demo sleds, rental distribution, r&d testing and invoke winter and summer activities with a 24 hr parts ware house distribution, brp needs to clean dead dealers like above.... we in a city of 70000 people have no dealer since a small town dealer 60 miles away complains to much is not acceptable..
I know a few people that deal exclusively with him from both BC and Alta and they love him. He is very knowledgable on the product. He appears to have a hate on for peeps that don't deal with him. Maybe he feels weekend warriors are to demanding and has put up his back towards them. Don't know and don't care. Its not the way I would operate is all I'm saying. A happy customer is a return customer. As far as dead dealers go Fred. All the dealers people hate have big fancy buildings. That is gold with BRP. It is there #1 mandate now when starting up new dealers and huge pressure is put on existing dealers to buck up if they want to stay.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I for one Fred am a h20 client.... Never once have I been treated bad.... I totally understand his reasons for what he does and could care less.... People burn bridges and it just seems no one is ever happy.... More so for people with too much money and there nose shoved up there azz...

Last year I noticed I cracked my plastic below my clutch, he was out if extreme skid plates and had some on stock order...

He tried to give me that hole panel ( used good one, and all the rivets to do it) for free....

No way would turple bros or bow cycle ect, do that for a client

I bought my sled there, never spent a penny there before , gave me a kick azz deal too...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been a H2O customer for a few years. He has gone out of his way several times to make sure I was riding when I wanted to be riding and if there was ever an issue with the sled it was fixed right away. His son hasn't worked there in years. Oil field work just paid more than wrenching in sleds. It's tough to replace a decent tech in a small town.

I have been in the shop when non existing customers have come in. They wanted something fixed on a Saturday afternoon near closing time and it was going to be a handful of hours to repair. I have seen him offer to find ways to help them and they were not satisfied but when he has his customers sleds waiting he wasn't going to drop their work to work on someone else's. Is that the right way to do things and could he have lost a new customer? Maybe, but that's his business and his choice. When you are dealing with a shop that has two employees in a small town I can see the benefits of supporting your regular customers. I am not saying either way is right as I was a regular customer of BowCycle as well and I could never get any satisfaction from them and on top of that I was tired of them selling parts above list. Heck even jugs of oil are cheaper in Sicamous than Calgary.

I haven't ever dealt with Ken other than some heckling on here and BowRidge I know is lucky to have him. Maybe H2O could be bigger than what it is and have more staff and offer more support and be more like other shops but maybe they are just happy with how it is. Some day H2O will be under new ownership and I wonder how well a new owner would address these comments in a market such as Sicamous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom