After hours sled service in Sicamous

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a coffee at Tim Hortons the other day and noticed this on the sign at Extreme Power Sports. Catchy slogan. Apparently the guy at H2O isnt to happy about it.

Attachments

• photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 402

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope there not.... Not sure on the story

I Support both so don't care either mind u

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think being available after hours is a big deal, good for him if that tickles his fancy and anyone wanting his service. But there is nothing to be unhappy about as most peeps coming to town are there to ride and not get there sled worked on. But the FEW unlucky one's have an opportunity to POSSIBLY get it fixed, if he has the parts.
If he has any smarts he will charge a premium for doing after hours work, being the only one doing it.

Judging by his sign though he has some learning to do about good business ethic's, it's not kosher to use such slogan's against a competing business, out dated and old school thinking. I'ed be willing to bet he has little good to say about H20. Even though i don't deal with H20, any business putting down another or its brand is enough for me not to go there.
The only reason i see H20 being upset is not for being open after hours but the slogan that is displayed. Not appropriate IMO.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's see who is still in business in 2 years......

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agree, not the best idea putting down other companies. Unfortunately times have changed and in this day and age people want things now, not tmrw not 30 minutes from now. If he's willing to help people after hours I can guarantee he'll get some business.

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but bad thing about h20. Elevation I've had good experiences with. There are other guys out there that do after hour service...like Dan (cant remember his last name) who used to be behind the counter at Banner in Vernon.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with advertising after hour numbers,but that's just a douche bag move IMO .Cheers

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't pay attention to what people hear on the Internet too much.

have never had an issue with after hour service from H2O even on a Sunday.

I have gone into Extreme and asked if they had stock in some items once and didn't feel welcome there. Obviously though, I wasn't wearing a flat brimmed hat with white Oakley gas cans and riding up in diesel with an 8" lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't pay attention to what people hear on the Internet too much.

have never had an issue with after hour service from H2O even on a Sunday.

I have gone into Extreme and asked if they had stock in some items once and didn't feel welcome there. Obviously though, I wasn't wearing a flat brimmed hat with white Oakley gas cans and riding up in diesel with an 8" lift.

Yup couldn't agree more was actually there last week when 2 guys needed some doo parts he didn't have 'em and told them to go across the street to H20 before they closed. :rolleyes:

craig3972

Reaction score
It is not cool to have that on your sign, but.... I spend a lot of time in sicamous and the majority of the time H20 is closed. We get up to go riding - closed. We come home after- closed. Always closed. I have been having good luck in previous years with powder lights and BRP parts.
I can't imagine how many sleds that shop would sell if he really tried. I suspect that he could loose the dealership if BRP realized how many sales are missed through that location.
Guess I am being an ass now, but it would be really nice to see skidoo better supported in that area because the predominant brand is BRP.
Trevor at Macs fixed my sled in the dark on the trailer at 8pm so I could ride the next day, that guy gets as much of my business that I can send him.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure H2O is open Tuesday to Saturday. Even if only open a few hours on Saturday what more do you expect two people to do? It's a small town dealership.

Bow Cycle South is open the same days and barely a day on Saturday and they have more than half a dozen people in their daily. Crap call them and say you have some work needed done on your sled and they might get you in sometime the week after next.

BRP knows the market there and knows how many sleds they sell.

Nothing wrong if Macs does a great job as well doing their thing but eventually everyone needs a day off.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think being available after hours is a big deal, good for him if that tickles his fancy and anyone wanting his service. But there is nothing to be unhappy about as most peeps coming to town are there to ride and not get there sled worked on. But the FEW unlucky one's have an opportunity to POSSIBLY get it fixed, if he has the parts.
If he has any smarts he will charge a premium for doing after hours work, being the only one doing it.

Judging by his sign though he has some learning to do about good business ethic's, it's not kosher to use such slogan's against a competing business, out dated and old school thinking. I'ed be willing to bet he has little good to say about H20. Even though i don't deal with H20, any business putting down another or its brand is enough for me not to go there.
The only reason i see H20 being upset is not for being open after hours but the slogan that is displayed. Not appropriate IMO.

I thought he was refering to all the "rain" we have had lately.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope there not.... Not sure on the story

I Support both so don't care either mind u

Two sides to a story I guess. At the club meeting last week one side was presented verbally by Extreme and the other was in a letter

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I was there, not my place to comment

I will say a bit high school girl ish on both parties tho..

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes agree with the high school part of it

and as was said at the meeting it is not club buisness

Top Bottom