Afr

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a AEM air/fuel on my side mount TSS. Soon as I touch throttle it will read for 2sec and then nothing. Wondering if it's gauge or sensor. If there is a more reliable gauge out there I would love to know.
Thanks

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably the sensor, they don't like oil or leaded fuel. I've always like the Innovate widebands more than the AEM. NGK makes a nice one too.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a AEM air/fuel on my side mount TSS. Soon as I touch throttle it will read for 2sec and then nothing. Wondering if it's gauge or sensor. If there is a more reliable gauge out there I would love to know.
Thanks

Sounds like a sensor to me. JB's automotive (among other autoparts stores) stock new ones for ~$130.

If you're running straight AV Gas you can add decalin to your fuel to help save the sensors.

https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/appages/Decalin.php

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a sensor to me. JB's automotive (among other autoparts stores) stock new ones for ~$130.

If you're running straight AV Gas you can add decalin to your fuel to help save the sensors.

I dont agree that Decline will help save the sensors. It saids that you should clean the O2 sensor every 20 hrs when using Decline, but hey what do I know.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a part number and manufacturer? Gonna replace sensor

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a part number and manufacturer? Gonna replace sensor

There are two different sensors. One with a square connector and another with a more rounded connector.

If you go to the buy tab there's an AEM part number.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I looked at sensor it brings up Bosch 17205 in Google search. So I should be able to cross reference it to ngk, no? My understanding from reading reviews Bosch really don't respond to lead, and ngk handles it better.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well I looked at sensor it brings up Bosch 17205 in Google search. So I should be able to cross reference it to ngk, no? My understanding from reading reviews Bosch really don't respond to lead, and ngk handles it better.
Another thing you can do is take another bung and weld it onto the other as a spacer and take the sensor out of direct exhaust flow which helps with life of the sensor.

I have a spare sensor in the box in my shop, I will get part number for it tomorrow. It is for an aem analog gauge.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing you can do is take another bung and weld it onto the other as a spacer and take the sensor out of direct exhaust flow which helps with life of the sensor.

I have a spare sensor in the box in my shop, I will get part number for it tomorrow. It is for an aem analog gauge.

Koso makes a thread in bung. $50 ships outta Quebec.

Hydro

Reaction score
Koso makes a thread in bung. $50 ships outta Quebec.

I gather that that threads into the existing bung then thread the O2 sensor into it? (A spacer of sorts?) I'm having the same issue with my sensor. I changed my probe/sensor out a few weeks back and it lasted 1 ride and stop reading. I'm gonna switch to a Innovate AFR gauge. Dave at Redline tells me it's the lead content in the C-111/C-12. 1 Ride?

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gather that that threads into the existing bung then thread the O2 sensor into it? (A spacer of sorts?) I'm having the same issue with my sensor. I changed my probe/sensor out a few weeks back and it lasted 1 ride and stop reading. I'm gonna switch to a Innovate AFR gauge. Dave at Redline tells me it's the lead content in the C-111/C-12. 1 Ride?

I also think the fact probe is 2" from turbo is cooking sensor. I may get relocate from koso, or I am going to pull pipe and put a new bing further down the exhaust. From what I have read the ngk/ntk o2 sensors are a lot tougher, but at $200+ not sure if I wanna gamble. Has anyone actually installed anything other than AEM 30-2001 (Bosch 17205)? I want to turn up to 7lbs, and if gauge is gonna **** it doesn't seem like a good idea.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yep it just gets it further out of the exhaust stream.

Decalin may or may not help you out. I don't have any experience with 111 or 112.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep it just gets it further out of the exhaust stream.

Decalin may or may not help you out. I don't have any experience with 111 or 112.

Where can a guy get decal in locally? Will mix into my new barrel of AV gas.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can a guy get decal in locally? Will mix into my new barrel of AV gas.

Boost it used to carry it. I'm not sure if they still do. 403-704-1032

Aircraft Spruce is a Canadian website. It only took 4 or 5 days to order online.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I also think the fact probe is 2" from turbo is cooking sensor. I may get relocate from koso, or I am going to pull pipe and put a new bing further down the exhaust. From what I have read the ngk/ntk o2 sensors are a lot tougher, but at $200+ not sure if I wanna gamble. Has anyone actually installed anything other than AEM 30-2001 (Bosch 17205)? I want to turn up to 7lbs, and if gauge is gonna **** it doesn't seem like a good idea.
On our 15 T3 we changed the first sensor at around 500k which looked oil covered and now 1700k on sled and still running same sensor.
Always running between 30-50%VP C111 and premium. This is with the AEM gauge.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well changed sensor and put decalin in fuel. Got 300k and another one bites the dust.

Top Bottom