Advice on quad for pushing snow.

Eignap56

Reaction score
That bucket is an awesome idea... I have a mud pro 700 with tracks on it & wasn't sure what to put on it for plowing snow... Now I know, thanks for the tip

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the swisher bucket on my old honda 500. Worked great around town. You can use it like a Plow, and like a bucket when it's deep. 48" wide! Here's a pic off the net. Peavey mart Carries them. Your bobcat is too wide?

My case skidsteer has a wide track. I end up being on the edge of the lawn where the irrigation heads are.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's the unit I have, 2004 400XT with a cycle country county plow, works great. I think that is a decent price

I thought so too until I went and looked at it. Only has 880 miles but looks like most of them were from being dragged behind a truck! It won't keep a battery charged and they only had it running off booster cables so I couldn't drive it. The plastic shroud covering the pull start was melted as well. Thought that was kind of odd that it would get that hot on that side. Never did see the blade, it was buried in a snow bank across the yard. Maybe I'm odd but my stuff is ready to load in a perspective buyers truck as soon as the add goes up.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought so too until I went and looked at it. Only has 880 miles but looks like most of them were from being dragged behind a truck! It won't keep a battery charged and they only had it running off booster cables so I couldn't drive it. The plastic shroud covering the pull start was melted as well. Thought that was kind of odd that it would get that hot on that side. Never did see the blade, it was buried in a snow bank across the yard. Maybe I'm odd but my stuff is ready to load in a perspective buyers truck as soon as the add goes up.

I find it funny when I respond to an ad and get "It's in storage and I wasn't expecting to show it". I clean and polish as much as I can so cosmetics don't become a reason for a seller to back out.
Off topic... has anyone seen a Swisher bucket for sale in Alberta? I've seen them online but never close. I think it would be great for moving mulch.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Honda 420 with a "Moose" County Blade.......works awesome. Unreal how much snow a quad can push. My Dad has an 03 Honda 350 with the same blade and he pushes snow really good too. We both like the small dimensions of the 420 and 350 ...as you can get into smaller areas by the house or garage easier (or any where else you need to be). That Swisher bucket sounds cool...BUT I don't know how tough it would be if you got a little "rammy" with drifts, ice and such. LOVE MY HONDA...just plain reliable !!! :d

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Honda 420 with a "Moose" County Blade.......works awesome. Unreal how much snow a quad can push. My Dad has an 03 Honda 350 with the same blade and he pushes snow really good too. We both like the small dimensions of the 420 and 350 ...as you can get into smaller areas by the house or garage easier (or any where else you need to be). That Swisher bucket sounds cool...BUT I don't know how tough it would be if you got a little "rammy" with drifts, ice and such. LOVE MY HONDA...just plain reliable !!! :d
I used the bucket to move all the ice the city scrapped off the road in the spring each year and left in front of my place. It surprised me how well it held up. It lifts approx 18". It's plenty strong without being too heavy. The mounting bracket is a universal bracket that fits the bucket, Plow or a set of forks.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on a 2004 Outlander XT factory stock with a blade and 45 hours for $3500.00?
I don't think you could go wrong with any 2000 and newer 400 from any manufacturer, for some reason the 400's seem to be pretty much bullet proof and what you are looking to do with it including what you want to spend. It would out last you, so to speak.....

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sidewalks a 50" blade works perfect. Had one on the wife's 700 Sportsman and easily fit between cars and lawns.

Top Bottom