advice on glasses and helmets

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 509 fan auto setting works really well for me. It switches between 2 fan speeds as required. With a lot of new goggles, avoid rubbing the inside of the lens at all costs. New goggles generally have a anti-fog coating applied to the inside of the lens, and when you rub it, you mess up that coating. If you have droplets of water or snow inside the goggle, use a microfibre cloth/bag and just dab at it to try and soak it up. If there is still fog in there, take them off completely and let them dry out somewhere warm (this will help to get rid of any condensation that manages to get in between the lens), such as an inside pocket of a jacket (why most jackets have 'goggle' pockets, or inside the hood of your sled. I used to just rest them on my can when I was taking a break to help dry them out.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Here is a link that will lead you to the review of the Habervision Ouzo OTG and Habervision Fan module.

Our son rides with glasses and goggles equipped with the Habervision fan module. We have found that the more you leave your goggles in place when riding with this combination the less likely you are to fog your glasses.

I started with a pair of Habervision otg goggles with the fan a few years ago, I now own 3 pair.
One dark. One light and One back up.
IMO the best sledding investment I made because I hate contacts and absolutely have to wear my glasses.
I simply won't ride without them.
"Habervision otg goggles with the fan".

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried lots of setups to prevent fogging, I have Scott goggles with a haber eliminator fan, plus 509 with the fan. The fan does help, but the best way to keep your glasses from fogging up is avoiding taking your goggles off until its absolutely necessary, exposing them to the cold is my biggest issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried many things but contacts were by far the best option for me. Why do you say there not an option? you dont want the hassle? price to high? honestly i was poping them in and out after a week no problem and the price was DECENT i think i paid like 90bucks and they have lasted my a hole year .....I got like 90 sets that are daily use so i just use them when i ride.

Just posting my experence but my one regret is that i didnt get contacts sooner

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried many things but contacts were by far the best option for me. Why do you say there not an option? you dont want the hassle? price to high? honestly i was poping them in and out after a week no problem and the price was DECENT i think i paid like 90bucks and they have lasted my a hole year .....I got like 90 sets that are daily use so i just use them when i ride.

Just posting my experence but my one regret is that i didnt get contacts sooner
doc says laser isnt an option and pretty sure years ago said contacts were out as well. maybe ill look into that again. thanx everyone for ur help.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use some uvex antifog lens cleaning tissues for my glasses. It seems to work quite well to assist in keeping your glasses from fogging. I believe Costco has some lens cleaning tissues as well that are antifog. I know it made a difference for me, especially in wet heavy snow when you remove your goggles.

bootsnixon

Reaction score
I've been looking for an answer to this too. Does anyone have any experience with prescription sunglasses that have a foam face seal? Never tried them, but they might be more comfortable than goggles making it more likely you leave them on all the time. Being smaller, there should be less skin inside the glasses to fog up the lenses. Thoughts?
Here is a site that describes some:
Wiley X® Eyewear Climate Control Series Sunglasses - AirRage694 | Bass Pro Shops
Here is a site offering to put prescription lenses in them:

Not affiliated with either site, just looking to be fog free as well.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find glasses fog up even quicker, because they sit so much closer to the face. Those glasses also generally aren't dual lens, which will have them fog up quicker as well. I would stick with goggles.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but the best way to keep your glasses from fogging up is avoiding taking your goggles off until its absolutely necessary, exposing them to the cold is my biggest issue.
Best advice yet. What happens to glasses when you come into the house from the cold outside? When you hang your goggles from the handlebar of the sled while you rest and have a pop or a shmoke, they cool off....put 'em back on your warm face and they are fogged. Stick your gogs on the motor or on the clutch while you rest...keep 'em warm.

Laser-eye surgury was the best mod I ever did to a sled. Did it in 2000, still got better than 20/20 eyeballs. Prior to that I was a heated visor guy....but apparently they aren't cool any more...

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL!! We choose so many things because they are cool (or not cool)... I remember the conversation with the folks about wearing a touque when I was a kid...

Best advice yet. What happens to glasses when you come into the house from the cold outside? When you hang your goggles from the handlebar of the sled while you rest and have a pop or a shmoke, they cool off....put 'em back on your warm face and they are fogged. Stick your gogs on the motor or on the clutch while you rest...keep 'em warm.

Laser-eye surgury was the best mod I ever did to a sled. Did it in 2000, still got better than 20/20 eyeballs. Prior to that I was a heated visor guy....but apparently they aren't cool any more...

Top Bottom