advice on 2008 brute 750

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing a 2008 brute 750 it is obviously the first year of fuel injection. How does it work compared to the carbed version. Any comments on the machine it self?
I am interested in the chip and pipe as well. So educate me I am a power freak.:d

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing a 2008 brute 750 it is obviously the first year of fuel injection. How does it work compared to the carbed version. Any comments on the machine it self?
I am interested in the chip and pipe as well. So educate me I am a power freak.:d

stock to stock they walk all over the carbed version, the only problem is when you buy then they have just a very slight delay when you hit the throttle which makes it a bit harder to wheelie. I would recomend a maroon primary spring to give it incredible snap off the line. Also once you pipe you may want to look into a powercommander or one of the other efi tuning boxes.
I am not sure what chips there are out for the efi Brutes yet as I have looked around and VDI just came out with there CDI finnaly. If you are looking for performance full muzzy is the only way to go for exhaust. The only problem I had with mine is it overheated alot once I started mudding. Need to build some side blockers to keep the tires from spraying mud all through the rad. Other than that it is a great machine with a ton of power.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought mine was a little too low in the ground clearance and the tie rods bent very easily, even without hitting anything. Overall a great machine tons of fun and power to spare. Starts up at -35c without a problem. I did however find the diff lock lever system a bit unrealiable.
Good luck and happy motoring.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought mine was a little too low in the ground clearance and the tie rods bent very easily, even without hitting anything. Overall a great machine tons of fun and power to spare. Starts up at -35c without a problem. I did however find the diff lock lever system a bit unrealiable.
Good luck and happy motoring.

I spent $105 dollars and got a 1.5" lift and have 14" of ground clearance with my HL springs. Also I bought a set of HD aftermarket tie rods when I got the machine as I heard they had weak tie rods and have had no problems with my stock rods so keep my aftermarkets for spares just in case. I do not baby my machine either I ride it like it is stolen

Extrodinaire

Reaction score
I bent a tie rod as well on my '08. Its funny that the stock are alum and when I bought a replacement it was steel... good marketing! I love my Brute with the exception of clearance and heat. If you add deflectors near the rad it helps! I have a full muzzy set-up and with the twin it sounds and performs great. I have heard that a few guys have blown theirs up but I have had no problems outside of normal wear (oil seal, tie rod, etc).

If I had to do it all over I would still go with a Brute unless I had a few extra grand.. Then the Bombi no question.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
850 KM To date, changed one oil seal, replaced one rear diff plug, and one set of plugs from my own doing.
I sure wish they had some zerks in them, noticed both front upper bushing are a bit sloppy, and the rad fins are a bit to close, have to carry the special acklands pump bottle to rinse off.

All and all no real problems, like the power, rides fairly good maybe a bit to soft for some including me, swamped it 2 times real good, kept the service up on it and it hasnt missed a beat.:beer::beer:

Reaction score
I have the following Brute Forces and can give you an idea of what works and doesn't work on 08+ vs. 07 and older:

05 BF750
06 BF650
07 BF750
08 BF750

First off, the EFI unit is not much faster than the carbed 07 units, but is faster than the 05/06 stock units. This is due to the fact that Kawasaki keeps giving more advanced timing each year they build the BF so that you think they have improved the machines power without them spending R&D money.

The 08 BF (EFI) has a low speed lag just like its predecessors. In fact it would not wheelie in high while stock with 27" mud bugs which to me is dissapointing. Once a Clutch kit was installed, the wheelie issue was dealt with.

Fuel injection works quite well. No issues in 800km so far and we have ridden from 2000ft to 8000ft. In fact I like the 08 vs. my 07 because my 07 was getting pretty rich at 8000ft.

Power. First off, I have a muzzy and a HMF utility series pipe on two of the machines. Definitely more satified with the Muzzy for power and sound. Copperhead CDI's are std equipment on all my Brutes now including the 08. They wake up the power throughout the whole RPM range. Way better than the Dyna, but it is more money. Well worth it though. I also use K&N filters which IMO work fantastic and I have never dusted a motor in all my years owning them. What is important with the K&N though is to make sure you have a very good seal between the filter and the filter mount. After all is said and done, the Carb unit has better low end but the EFI unit is better top end from what I can tell.

Any other questions?

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What oil level do you keep your 08 at. noticed from day 1 that after steep long climbs, it starts to blow oil back into airbox,which in turn would smoke. It has found the happy mark between 1/2 and 1/4. on the dipstick. I did snorkel it but never rerouted the crank breather.:confused:

-recently installed the maroon primary and like it.

Rubicon500

Reaction score
Well Im not impressed with the 750i I bought nothing but problems, 130km on it and the oil pump died, in turn taking out the motor, warranty replaced it but now I have over heating problems and it burns oil :realmad: but kawasaki canada said it isnt burning enough to warrant another rebuild!!!!!!! if you buy one spend the money and get the extended warranty, So far in almost a year I have only got to ride it 4-5 times all the rest its been in the shop and it is going in again :realmad::realmad::rant:

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
600 km and engine gone following 6 others through a foot of water. Sat there watching them going back and forth with no troubles. Nice intake design!!!!

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on my 5th kawie v-twin since 2002 and now that i have my 2009 BF 750 i love it. It is heads and tails over my last quad which was a 2007 650. It runs way smoother, excellarates without a hickup and i love the high end power when you are cruising down a logging road at 60 KMH and hit the throttle it still has lots of power left. I recomend anyone that still has the carbed Brute force to trade up to the EFi units!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh well i hate the thought of not havin a pull cord back up...... i had issues with the tierods but i think its the all balls ones that i used.... they sent me 2 new sets and so far so good..... if u wind her out alot down roads and stuff it will suck a bit of oil...... but from what i have been told its all v twins that do it...... i drilled and put in grease nipples in the arms.... not sure y they don't have this from the factory.....

Gymcee

Reaction score
I like the '08 750 but not the follow up service or warranty.Something blew a hole in my torque converter cover from the inside and Echocycle in Edmonton couldn't figure what it was so wouldn't cover the warranty.Kawasaki Canada backed them up,saying it could have been a mouse,lol.The funny thing is Kawasaki Canada never even mentioned that until they talked to Echocycle who first suggested it.Talk about your conspiracy theories.Anyway,I'll never buy anything from Echocycle again and I advise others not to either.

Top Bottom