Advice for Heating an Enclosed Sled Trailer

tnichols10

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I own a royal cargo 4 place XR sled trailer that currently doesn't have a heater in it. First off Im just curious if anyone has heated these trailers before on their own, and if theres any problems that may be encountered such as water getting underneath the plastic flooring or drainage issues for melted snow? Secondly the tongue of this trailer is fairly short thus requiring a propane bottle to be mounted underneath the trailer, does anyone know the best place to buy a large propane bottle for mounting underneath the trailer? I was planning on just using a radiant heater or two on the inside of the trailer, just enough to keep above 0 degrees. Any tips, information, or pointers is appreciated. Thank you. :confused:

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spend the $ and do a 40000 btu forced air.... I also plug a construction fan in overnight and it drys trailer and gear bone dry.

Radiant will eventually rust all the screws from all the moisture, not good idea

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy mounted 2 -30 pound tanks on the v part of the trailer and put a plastic rv tank cover over it, looks good. Go with forced air .

chezandy0

Reaction score
Ive got a hundred pound propane bottle i dont need 75 bucks and its yours that will last you the season.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got a hundred pound propane bottle i dont need 75 bucks and its yours that will last you the season.

I burn 20lbs a day and use heater in morning getting dressed, and runs all night. Just to give you idea of how much you will be using on a 40,000 btu furnace. Insulating trailer would really help.

rider1

Reaction score
I use a fan helps dry out the floor and 30,000 btu force air.

Top Bottom