adjusting oil pump?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 09 m8, it seems to be running really rich, it uses twice the oil than my friends m8 when we go riding, also noticed where the exhaust comes out is all black and sooty, which on his it isnt, is there a way to adjust this or does the dealer have to, thanks

aksnopro

Reaction score
you can adjust it, i remember reading that one turn is equal to 8 points on your ratio. not positive on all this but i remember reading it can be adjusted.

-Aksnopro

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i guess i'll just leave it as is till it does back for service then get them to check it out, thanks

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with my sled running this rich am i gonna run into problems gumming up the power valves, i am using apv full syenthetic, thanks

tchriste

Reaction score
There's a thread called M7 turning down oil injection which should help you out, it's a good thread with a detailed procedure which will apply to the M8. Cheers

S

stripe

more oil is better than not enough.....

over oiling can cause alot of problems it affects the fuel mixture via the pipe temp senser can actually cause a lean condition and score the cylinder walls plus it causes carbon buildup on your power valves and take lots of life out off your engine. Plus they run like crap burning too much oil.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Presently have the motor out of my 07 M1000 to replace the water pump seal. Before I put it back in I was thinking of adjusting the oil pump rod by two turns, presently using approx 1.5 litres of oil to every tank of fuel. Any thoughts or should I just try one turn for now? Presently have Y pipe and can as the only mods

S

stripe

Most will set it between 40:1 and 50:1. To figure out what it is now you need to top off with gas and oil. Remember how full you filled the tank (usually the bottom of the filler neck) and make a mark on the oil res with a marker. Go ride it for the day then refill both to the same level. You will need to write down how many gallons of gas and how many oz. of oil you put back in. 1 gallon of gas = 128 fluid oz. If you put in 10 gallons of gas and 32 oz of oil take 128x10=1280. Then divide that by 32. 1280/32=40, the ratio would be 40:1

TTRC

Reaction score
Yes what stripe said. I have set mine so that at the end of the day one tank of gas and the oil in the tank has dropped about 1" to 1 1/4" Doing the math on what each tank holds, 3/4" = 50:1 just my .02$

Top Bottom