Adjusting Compustar Remote Starter Run Time

Mister Bee

Reaction score
Just wondering if someone could give me some instructions on how to adjust the run time on a compustar 2WSSR-9000 remote starter. Currently it is set for 15 min's and I want to bump it up to 45 min. It doesn't give very clear instructions on how to adjust the run time in the instructions. Thanks in advance.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the only way to do this is by the installer. I could be wrong but that is what I had to do.

Last edited:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
dont wanna sound like a greenie

but for what reason would u want 45minutes of idling time ????

mine runs 10minutes and starts to get warm air inside dont think a person needs +30degrees in theyre vehicle to start driving

and if its at 10minutes now and its really really cold just start it again when it shuts off

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com

mine runs 10minutes and starts to get warm air inside dont think a person needs +30degrees in theyre vehicle to start driving

and if its at 10minutes now and its really really cold just start it again when it shuts off

Call the boys at JBs Automotive ... but as FossY says...why...it beeps when the 45 is over...push the button again.

Cheers.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if someone could give me some instructions on how to adjust the run time on a compustar 2WSSR-9000 remote starter. Currently it is set for 15 min's and I want to bump it up to 45 min. It doesn't give very clear instructions on how to adjust the run time in the instructions. Thanks in advance.

Is your truck gas or diesel. Cant be done on gas except by the installer. Module needs glow plug input for anything longer than 15 min this is regulated by epa for remote start manufacturers but if a good installer knows how he can bypass the run time

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Any installer of Compustar can change the time for you in about 2 minutes.

My diesel is set for 45 minute run time. That is the maximum the Compustar will go for time.

Mister Bee

Reaction score
Yes it is on a diesel, and I want it for 45 min. as I'm a shift worker and it get's started at the same time just depends on what time relief shows up for how long it idles for. I don't like it stopping and starting and in the winter 15 min's is not enough IMO.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DC window tinting in Calmar installed one for me.
He will adjust it to what you want.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is on a diesel, and I want it for 45 min. as I'm a shift worker and it get's started at the same time just depends on what time relief shows up for how long it idles for. I don't like it stopping and starting and in the winter 15 min's is not enough IMO.

Agreed, turning off and restarting a diesel is retarded. Run for 15 mins, then restarting, your burning more diesel then just letting it run for 30 mins. Plus it's a lot easier on it. They burn nothing for fuel when running anyways.

riffrraffing

Reaction score

Oh but you do sound like a greenie. Idling fit 15 minutes is not long enough for a diesel to even begin warming up in the winter.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am really picky about warming up my diesel, but i've never felt 15 mins isn't enough. Anything colder then about -15C it's plugged in and 15 mins is always enough then because of how much being plugged in helps. Have a nice leather winter front and it warms up really fast. At -20C 20 mins of running time the temp on the gauge starts rising it's so warm.

Top Bottom