Adjustable Steering Post Failure!

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done it to 23 different machines now, and at 3 different dealerships. Guess this set up is for the little fellas that trail ride.....they seem to have no issues.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swapped sleds from my '13 XM to my buddys '13 M800 yesterday and the first thing I noticed was the handlebar position and sloppiness. It felt like the post is really far back. Does the Zbros kit move the post forward and eliminate the gay ass linkage?

Got snow?69

Reaction score
Had this happen as well when I first got the sled. You have to make sure the lock is fully engaged by pushing down on it hard when you have your bars at the height you want

catothom

Reaction score
This did happen to 3 of the sleds that I know of. One with 300 km on it, one with 2600 km on it and mine when it had 150 km on it. Never got rid of the problem. No matter how hard I push the locking part down, it always kept falling down.
Have sent me over the bars a few times, made me bend my bars several times and same to my friends two sleds. They have been more lucky and kept the bars intact at least.

I went for the Zbroz telescopic delete, tilted the bars more forward and love it!

When I pulled my telescopic post of the sled, there is some bearings inside of it containing small metal balls. On all 3 sleds, there was missing quite many of those small metal balls. On the sled with most km, the ball bearing was all worn out and the small metal balls was worn out of shape.

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only issues I have heard of is the bushings get loose and then the bars have a lot of play in them, heard linderman knows a fix for this if you talk to him at artic edge motorsports. I bought a 2014 m8000 limited this year but haven't heard of any other problems with it.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the bars on my 2014 M8000 moved up and down about 3 times , now after an adjustment make sure lock is down and a light pull and push on the bars and everything has been good

Top Bottom