AD Boivin ZX2 Suspention

Dirtdiver

Reaction score
Anyone running one of these skids. How are they climbing and on the trail. They look easy to adjust. Thanks for any info.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running one of these skids. How are they climbing and on the trail. They look easy to adjust. Thanks for any info.

we have a couple guys running them and there working good, im putting one in my apex 162 this year.... good weight transfer controll, not a huge weight savings.... but good..setup and not a million bucks...

T

Dirtdiver

Reaction score
we have a couple guys running them and there working good, im putting one in my apex 162 this year.... good weight transfer controll, not a huge weight savings.... but good..setup and not a million bucks...

T

The price is right on them. I haven't talked to anyone with alot of time on them yet. Thanks for the reply

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The KMOD suspension looks similar to a Timbersled and is cheaper. Also about 20# lighter than the ZX2 skid. No personal experience with how it works, but I've e-mailed with the KMOD guys and they seem knowlegable.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2008 Tachycardia TApex.

ZX2 Composite Skid.
zxintall2.jpg

powder muncher

Reaction score
The KMOD suspension looks similar to a Timbersled and is cheaper. Also about 20# lighter than the ZX2 skid. No personal experience with how it works, but I've e-mailed with the KMOD guys and they seem knowlegable.

Tried all of the above -- poor geometry terrible falling rate rear shocks that blows through the stroke on very big G out bump and even worse durability. Holz works very well and I am trying the ZX2 on my Apex this season just because Holz does not have a yamaha specific kit.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah ....... so back to your question.....
ZX2 skid works. Gobbles the bumps, less fatigue on the rider....... How do you ride, what do you ride , where do you ride?
I have many mile on the AD Boivin stuff now. Very nice. I run the praires of central Canada,Rocky mountains and canadian shield. I mostly run the north columbia rocky mountains, valemount, McBride, Revelstoke, Sicamous, British columbia, for mountain testing. All around they best skid i have ever rode for bump compliant, weight transfer, maintaince, Looks, and for the high end suspension.... say no more. Its also Canadian!

powder muncher

Reaction score
Yah ....... so back to your question.....
ZX2 skid works. Gobbles the bumps, less fatigue on the rider....... How do you ride, what do you ride , where do you ride?
I have many mile on the AD Boivin stuff now. Very nice. I run the praires of central Canada,Rocky mountains and canadian shield. I mostly run the north columbia rocky mountains, valemount, McBride, Revelstoke, Sicamous, British columbia, for mountain testing. All around they best skid i have ever rode for bump compliant, weight transfer, maintaince, Looks, and for the high end suspension.... say no more. Its also Canadian!

That sounds real good

I USUALLY RIDE THE COAST MOUNTAINS IN THE YUKON BC AND ALASKA.

I run a 2008 Apex with lightweight mods but stock power .
Like most places the trail ins get rough and I like a suspension where I don't need to slow down all the time. With the stock power weight transfer is important as well, hope to be able to adjust it to climb with the skis 3" of the snow. I really like boon-docking with short technical sections, they require a well set up sled for control . We also have some snow drags where I hope this skid gives me the ability to hook up well of the line.
So really I am looking for a do it all skid.
I ran out of time to do a turbo this season looking to go to a low boost set up for boon-docking next year. Looking for a similar set up Like the MCX 180HP Nytro but on my Apex.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is our new KMOD Gen 2 with the coil over big guy setup NOT air shocks. The guy riding this and doing the R&D on it for us is well over 6ft tall and 300lbs plus. Also many different ways to order this skid depending on how much you want to spend. DSC03260.jpg

DSC03230.jpg

DSC03245.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is our new KMOD Gen 2 with the coil over big guy setup NOT air shocks. The guy riding this and doing the R&D on it for us is well over 6ft tall and 300lbs plus. Also many different ways to order this skid depending on how much you want to spend. View attachment 44334

Tried it ------- sorry did not work for me.

Highly unlikely you have tried the Gen 2 with coil overs as this is the first gen 2 with coil overs to hit the snow for 2009/2010 season. You may possibly have used the gen 1. What was it that didnt work for you if i may ask??

powder muncher

Reaction score
Got the ZX2 installed in my sled.
The install kit works great and is easy to do. Installing the rail extension for the long track took longer than the install of the Mounting plates and suspension.
I did have the track to tight initially and need to do some more test runs to get it all dialled in.

The guys at AD Boivin have real answers for my questions. I like that.

I will keep you guys posted on how it works out for me .

powder muncher

Reaction score
2-3 feet of wet heavy pow -3 Celsius ---- not at all what January should be like up here , but will take it over -30 any day.

The ZX2 performed excellent in the soft snow ----- carves and side-hills easier than anything else I ever had. I did mess a bit with the limiter and coupling set up for the best setting for the stock engine Apex. I have a 156 challenger extreme under it so great traction in this stuff. I had to set it to max weight transfer with no to moderate coupling for the skis to lift out initially and than it climbs and runs flat skis just above the snow. There is lots of coupling and weight transfer control left for a turbo.
The ride on the trail was great, you can see that they have that dialed.
In the big woops it could do with a bit more rebound dampening (got Big Boy springs on it)
There are a few things I want to try but all in all I am a real happy camper. And If I don't get time to mess with it I will be happy to ride it just like it is for the rest of the season.

Attachments

• IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 133
Top Bottom