Actual Failures on Pro drive shafts.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please only post if this is your sled. Could you please share the build date of your sled and the miles at failure. This is not a thread to discuss why the shaft is failing or any other opinions. I want to try and create a list only of build date and miles. PLEASE do not post if "you know a guy" "one of your friends" "a guy/girl that heard about" NOTHING. ONLY POST IF YOU ARE THE OWNER. There is also a thread already started for the guys that have miles with no failure so please don't post that here. I have no doubt that there are failures happening so lets make a list that is useful and leave the discussing for the threads that are already started.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013, 163 pro, MFD date, 08/08/2012.... Drive shaft failed at 64 miles on Nov. 24/12
I question it but hopefully this MFD date will help others. On a side note, hopefully this is it for issues as the sled absolutely rocks.... well up till the drive axle crapped out!!! lol... I read on another thread that the 13, 800 Pro dynoed at 112 hp? They must be big horses, this thing "pulled" like a freight train!!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013, 163 pro, MFD date, 08/08/2012.... Drive shaft failed at 64 miles on Nov. 24/12
I question it but hopefully this MFD date will help others. On a side note, hopefully this is it for issues as the sled absolutely rocks.... well up till the drive axle crapped out!!! lol... I read on another thread that the 13, 800 Pro dynoed at 112 hp? They must be big horses, this thing "pulled" like a freight train!!!!

The dyno thread was a hoax.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013, 163 Pro MFD date 9/15/2012 failed at 19 miles. Sled is boosted so that probably didn't help. Replaced it with a shaft from a 2012 witch is a direct fit.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows when the shafts themselves were actually assembled. I would guess that when polaris buys/builds these things they are done all together in a large lump quantity. I think the build date will have very little relevance as to when (or if) your shaft will fail. If you could somehow pinpoint it the day the shaft itself was built, then you might get somewhere.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless always going to be thinking about it ! Why doesnt polaris just recall and get it fixed right ,why wait for 500 to break lets go get with the program polaris gonna loose a lot of customers on this JMO

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K cs5 dont trip, i know its an only failed thread,,,,, mine hasnt failed.....yet. But my optimism has diminished or the internet has succeeded in fueling my paranoia. Because after inspecting my shaft again ( no problems after 40 miles ) it seems as tho the glue has worked itself out more from the holes and edges (centrifugal force) from when i first checked it out with 0 miles. Aaaand it also seems on one of the edges it may even be a little sticky where every spot seemed to be solid before. Just wanted to put my prediction out there, hopefully its the paranoia, puttin some miles on tomorro so we ll see

hink320

Reaction score
2013, 163 Pro MFD date 9/15/2012 failed at 19 miles. Sled is boosted so that probably didn't help. Replaced it with a shaft from a 2012 witch is a direct fit.

Is it the shaft with the drivers on it? My dealer is telling me that either shaft can blow, whereas I've heard different online. I'm trying to be pro-active and put the 2012 shaft in before I go to the mountains for peace of mind. Do you happen to have a part number for the 2012 shaft?

Thanks

sturbot

Reaction score
mine blew out on Nov 9, 7/30/12 mfd. my second day of riding with about 70km and just under five hours of use. polaris installed a new one and was
claiming a bad batch of glue.. since it's been replaced i've put 3 more days in on it and everything looks fine. IMG_0467.JPG

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled out my friends 2013 5 days ago on Boulder. Only 30 kms. Sheared right off. Had to pull the driveshaft and drivers to tow that pig out. What a joke.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 261

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gf's dads new Pro.
81.9 km 5.4 hrs not sure on manufacture date.
Blew in the middle of a field at more or less half throttle as he was still breaking it in.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Towed out a buddies 2 days ago from a bowl up on boulder mtn, 184kms. Not sure mfd. broke following me side hilling thru a gulley. Seen one choppered out when we were screwing with his and another broke on side of trail with driveshaft failure.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355163923.612175.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355163976.117878.jpg

Top Bottom