Acetylene Explosion

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
acetylene burns to slow and lots of black smoke when burning acetylene only. impossible would at least have some type of burn marks somewhere.
however if it was actually an oxygen bottle now it could be possible as it would burn so fast it would not leave any marks and would just make a big boom boom.
would have to have a extremely high level of oxygen in the cabin though. but person inside would be dead i think the concusion from the explosion would destroy your insides i am sure.

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard about this couple days after it happened, was told he was just getting out of the truck when hit the window button and it went off. Have seen pictures of a couple of these before.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if he was getting out of the truck when it blew, the pressure wave from a blast like that would of thrown him more then a few yards. Interesting way to get out of a lease.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Interesting that there doesn't appear to be any fire damage. No burn marks, melted plastic - nuthin. Interesting technique to use acetylene for a rapid extrication. Just wonder how train for that...

Albeit, expensive, how ever it would be the most effective and fastest acting laxative you could ever find. Just sayin....

I have Blow'd some sh!t up with acetylene in my time and it almost never burns anything around it. Just a big BANG!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
acetylene burns to slow and lots of black smoke when burning acetylene only. impossible would at least have some type of burn marks somewhere.
however if it was actually an oxygen bottle now it could be possible as it would burn so fast it would not leave any marks and would just make a big boom boom.
would have to have a extremely high level of oxygen in the cabin though. but person inside would be dead i think the concusion from the explosion would destroy your insides i am sure.

With the right oxygen mixture it goes BANG...it doesn't burn. When he opened up the window and introduced oxygen then it would of became very unstable. If you would like to experiment.... take your cutting torch and fire it up like normal, add oxygen like normal and when you think you are ready to cut 1" steel then just snuff out the flame and catch that mixture into a bread bag, tie it up and chuck a cigarette at it....BOOOOM!! no flame but it will knock your hat right off... of course I have never tried this...seen it on youtube...yep.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the right oxygen mixture it goes BANG...it doesn't burn. When he opened up the window and introduced oxygen then it would of became very unstable. If you would like to experiment.... take your cutting torch and fire it up like normal, add oxygen like normal and when you think you are ready to cut 1" steel then just snuff out the flame and catch that mixture into a bread bag, tie it up and chuck a cigarette at it....BOOOOM!! no flame but it will knock your hat right off... of course I have never tried this...seen it on youtube...yep.

True story we used to use garbage bags it's just a big bang, very quick and no flame to be seen.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw this earlier as well. I think gas trapped in body panels, doors, et ignited by spark by electrIc window could do this, then travel through the cavities in the body. Air bags will go with sudden impact which an explosion would simulate. Takes more than an explosion inside a vehicle to kill a stubble Jumper. Blowin stuff up is what we did when the riders wer'nt playing.

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to me it looks like the acy. was still caught inside the panels and dash after he opened the window to air it out, then the gas just blew from inside all the panels and dash? just my 2 pesos.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when we were in high school used to do that but fill up balloons tie them off throw them in the arc welding booths .... worked great till we put one in the booth the teacher was in ... not so good of an idea

we used to do the same thing with paper bags. Damn near got expelled from school for that one.

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
Is just a high-energy expansion of gasses. Rips apart whatever is in the vicinity. The concussive force doesn't allow for any flame to exist long enough to burn anything before being snuffed out. Now it there was an el'ton of toilet paper in the vehicle we might have a diff story :)
Glad to here he is still alive and most likely learned his lesson. Hate to see anyone have to go through that one a second time.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I teach vehicle extrication and this is amazing. It wasnt touched by extrication tools from what I see, no marks from cutters or spreaders. I will use some othe pictures for my course!

Top Bottom