Accomodation in Rocky Mountain House

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of a weekend trip with the quads to Rocky...maybe check out Chamber's Creek area...

Suggested Hotel/Motels? Nothing too fancy, but a decent place?? Any Fall ATV prices breaks?

Thanks

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is the Tamarak hotel, also there is the Wilderness village campground. They have camping cabins and I believe you can quad right from the campground. It's not far from Chambers creek. Just google Wilderness Village, Rocky Mountain house.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of a weekend trip with the quads to Rocky...maybe check out Chamber's Creek area...

Suggested Hotel/Motels? Nothing too fancy, but a decent place?? Any Fall ATV prices breaks?

Thanks

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express - It was decent and they let us eat A&W at midnight in the lobby and we were quite drunk and probably annoying. It was funny and the staff got a kick out of us.:d:beer::d:beer::d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express - It was decent and they let us eat A&W at midnight in the lobby and we were quite drunk and probably annoying. It was funny and the staff got a kick out of us.:d:beer::d:beer::d
Not to mention the friendly folks at the A&W drive er walk through.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
There is a place by Nordegg , little farther west of rocky called Chechalko Cabins(i think i spelled it wrong) But they are full equiped log cabins out in the bush,kitchen ,beds,woodstoves etc.Really nice place to ride from

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Booked into a cabin at the Wilderness Village. That part is done...Now, where to get trail maps??

FYI: The ATV Staging area @ Wilderness Village is Temp Closed due to ATV damage on the neighbour's property.......THANKS GUYS!:rant:

So, will have to trailer in & out....Just head to Chamber's Creek??

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Any security issues with the machines on a trailer?

No these people that run it live there too.I mean i guess it can happen anywhere,but i never had a problem,you can ride right too the top of baldy mtn.,,it is a fire lookout tower and there is usually a warden there to b.s. with

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya chambers creek isn't to bad ,,it is pretty nasty in some places i haven't been there for some time,,you used to be able to get maps from the people that looked after the campground but i don't know now .You can get on a trail and it leads to the river and there is an abonded rail line there as well,,nice ride if is not destroyed by you know who!!!!.Have a good safe time

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya....I am expecting some nice ruts....
Trying to go for more of a scenic ride than in search of mud. Haven't been out there before...

Since the staging area @ Wilderness Creek is closed, we have to trailer in & out. Since we have to load every night....we are mobile. Any other riding areas to suggest (Closer to Chambers Creek than Nordegg preferred)?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
There is also Jackfish Lake ,past Chambers Creek on the right hand side of the road .15.min or so past Chambers.Lots of Random Camping and trails ,i was there on may long.You turn right off #11 at the sign go past the campground untill ya see a trail.Goes for miles

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have stayed at the walking eagle in lots big parking lot nice resturant and lounge and about a $100 a night

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
COW LAKE HAS CABIN RENTALS( GENERAL STORE), yOU CAN QUAD ALL THE WAY TO FOREST TRUNK ROAD. BOUNDARY AREA GOOD FOR QUADS, OUTWEST IN THE AREA, ONION LAKE TRAIL IS GOOD ALSO,

Top Bottom