AC ECU trouble codes and Recalls

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody knows what ECU 23 means on an 08M8? detonation?

Secondly does anybody know if there is a recall on the 08M8 ecu and 08M1000 ecu?

Thanks.

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer called me up last year and changed out the ecu on my 08 M8. I had not had any problems but he said some of them were recalled..If i remember correctly it was because they were throwing faulse codes..

padge

Reaction score
There should be a little code map right beside your clutching sticker at the front on the clutch side under the hood....it has a list of all the codes

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok well i bought mine in nov 07 and have never gotten the recall... i guess there is more than one recall for the m8's on the ecu... called a dealer today. the m1000 also has a recall on the ecu. i didn't know about the trouble code chart by the clutch specs thing... i'll check that.

thanks

scrapmaster

Reaction score
ecu 23 is knock control fail safe mode activated... had mine flash ecu 21 (knock sensor failure) at me twice this weekend once just after i almost ran out of fuel and once part way into pullin buddys doo with a blown chain out of a valley, both times i shut it down checked everything over found nothing out of the ordinary fired it back up an no code running fine? also had my dealer tell me there was a recall on my ecu said they want to replace the whole thing guess wel see what happens

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i work at a cat dealership and right now there re calling 07 and 08 m1000's
because they say there to fat on the bottem and to lean on top
i've flashed a few for some guys and some guys didnt like it
but theres no going back once you flash.
if you have any mods i would recommend keeping it the way it is

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ride a 08 m8 and mine codes out ecu 21 every once in a while all it is from your first tank of feul that you mixed it coated the sensor so it wont read every once in a while not a biggie

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got ya... yea i'll send mine in to get a new ecu here too... also had a ccu with a wrench flash at me when it comes out of reverse sometimes... not all the time tho... this summer i am going to remove the reverse.... to much hassel with it i think. put in black diamond lite drive

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only time i have ever had that little ccu with the wrench come up was when it was realy cold and it wouldnt kick outta revesre

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well my dads 08m1000 has speedwerx ypipe pipe mbrp can boondocker box... so you don't reccomend to get the recall then? my m8 is turbo'd do you suggest to get the recall for it? i heard there were 2 recalls for the m8 ecu?

scrapmaster

Reaction score
right now im runnin a different secondary, jaws can, and slp air horn an big air kit on my m8.. would you think id be safest to leave the ecu alone then or?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt recommend it but you might be able to get it back in check with the boondocker box. talk to pipes more he knows about it

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havent got a recall on my m8 yet i've only heard of the one and they were switching the whole ecu but that was last year and it was only a select few

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alrighty... well i guess i will do some talking around and see if my 8 is one of the ones that needs it... the reason i ask is because my dads m1000 shut off for no reason on the weekend and would start sometimes and then just idle for a second and die... so we pulled it down renshaw trail from the cabin and brought it all the way home and i went to pull it out of the trailer and thought i'd give it a pull and walla... started... any ideas?

scrapmaster

Reaction score
i havent got a recall on my m8 yet i've only heard of the one and they were switching the whole ecu but that was last year and it was only a select few

mine they said they want to replace the whole box, he said the rep told him the update is expired but he still wants to get it done, unsure if i should or not tho, the dealership was just bought out a month back so its all honda mechanics workin on cats now makes a lil hesitant when they say they dont know what any of its about:confused:

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a recall is a recall tho isn't it? they have to do it no matter when isn't that right? no cat guy called me on mine... that isn't uncommon tho

scrapmaster

Reaction score
a recall is a recall tho isn't it? they have to do it no matter when isn't that right? no cat guy called me on mine... that isn't uncommon tho

yah thats kinda what i thought to, nobody called me about mine they just told me when i had it in for what i thought was a toasted dd

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
Just wondering if anybody knows what ECU 23 means on an 08M8? detonation?

Secondly does anybody know if there is a recall on the 08M8 ecu and 08M1000 ecu?

Thanks.

At Mountain Magic we have four 08 M-8 rentals. Artic Cat sent us two new ECUs specific to the serial numbers. There must be a production of certain serial numbers they are not happy with. At the shop we have purchased all of the diagnostic equipment to hook to a lap top and none of our sleds showed any codes.

Top Bottom