Abraham Lake

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
North side only,,,,, SRD shuts down the South side of the dam till the frost comes out and there is less damage to the trails

So going across dam at the gates will be closed for a while?

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
So going across dam at the gates will be closed for a while?

Yes, they will be open probably in time for the July Long weekend. There is enough riding north across the highway to keep you busy for the weekend. You can also ride all the way to the parking lot of the Crescent Falls by way of the back trails, and then go back to Abraham Lake along the highway. If you find the Crescent Falls parking lot, DO NOT ride machines down to river, I think there are signs saying "No ATV's past this point" or something to that effect. It is a short walk.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
There is a Horse/Donkey Stagging area just before the Cresent Falls,,,, The park starts somewhere there,,,, I have stagged from that spot,,,,,,, I don't have a donkey or horse though. And there is an ATV trail to the north of this to hit the trails that parrallel the Blackstone/Wapiabi FLUZ,,,,, I have ridden to the west and crossed the river, you may be able to hit the trails to the south that go up the mnt that overlooks Abraham,,,,,, but last time I was out there there was alot of errosion damage.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to dig up a really old thread, but can anyone share some info on what the random camping is like, around Abraham Lake? Wanna head there in a couple weeks, but was hoping for an idea of what's around. Will be bringing a quad, but this one's more of a camping trip than a quadding trip, so not too worried about trails.

Thanks!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hate to dig up a really old thread, but can anyone share some info on what the random camping is like, around Abraham Lake? Wanna head there in a couple weeks, but was hoping for an idea of what's around. Will be bringing a quad, but this one's more of a camping trip than a quadding trip, so not too worried about trails.

Thanks!

There are some bush spots and a lot of more open area's. If you stay back away from the river there are more treed area's. If you go all the way down to the river it is all open. If you plan on doing a lot of fishing and are going to put a boat in the water(lake) then higher up(closer to the lake) is better.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where would I be able to find out for sure?

By the way, thank you everyone for your help!!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything was fine last weekend.... just the loop (D8 on the map) around the far bottom was closed (due to wet conditions..the SRD said !!)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be more closed now cause of the monsoon that's out there right now.

sent from my htc

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope they don't close any more down heading there this weekend

The bottom trail along the north ram is open it is the middle trail that cross between that is closed and the north trail that takes you to the trunk road that are closed right now the rest is all open you can't get to the old fire look out unless you stage at the trunk road where the north fork road is and I am sure the water in the ram will be to high anyway

Top Bottom