Abcbcsf

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me, where I personally stand is from the perspective of a Snowmobiler. I want every ounce of dollars we contribute to go into helping our sport. I want so much for clubs to grow in presence and effectiveness. Clubs should be a valuable resource that lends credibility to our sport. Clubs should provide safety outreach and be the nucleus for snowmobiling in the area they represent. Clubs should be the voice against land closures and those who want to shut us down for simply existing.
I would love for our dollars to go to safety outreach for all ages. To create programs that save lives. I would like our dollars to go back into the people who contribute through membership and trail passes. Each club works hard for the money they earn, and lets face it, it is expensive to maintain a grooming program, to provide outreach within our communities and to maintain our cabins and riding areas. What if, the emphasis was focused on what we can do rather than what we are called? What if we set pride aside and focused on the issues that need to be addressed? What if We were indeed just that? a WE.
Fact remaining, personalities make it difficult to "like" everyone. Impossible in fact, but this isn't about finding our next bff so we can take long walks on the beach and share secrets. This is about our sport, and being effective for the long term. Through all of this I have learned a lot. A lot about our sport. A lot about myself and a lot about people in general. Fact remaining, it is a waste of time. effort and resources if we as leaders are not effective for the people and clubs we represent. Many details need to be worked out. I have a full day of conference calls today to help sort through some of them. Is it worth it? Yes, with all my heart I believe it is worth it. We are worth it. WE, united by the passion we love.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ABCSF

Slight change to the acronym, definitively represents the areas represented in the title.
If someone was to say to me BCSF, I don't think about Crowsnest Pass. I don't believe most of the public would either. They see BCSF and think British Columbia only.

If you guys want this merger to work and last, change the name-show commitment!!

Most BC snowmobile clubs don't want to dish out $100,000 for a name change though. We can't spend club money on a name change when clubs are hurting for money, groomers, labour, etc. unless the clubs vote to spend that money. Where would this money come from? Government? Most likely not, they would laugh at us if we went for funding for a name change when we face so many issues at this time. Perhaps the ABCS has funds to cover it, but I'm not sure they have that kind of money at this time either. Non profits operate like a business, just because they don't profit doesn't mean they don't benefit from strong business ethics or the ability to make decisions based on good business. Many clubs operate for personal reasons on a casual basis and decisions are based on that, which is all fine and good, but not all clubs want to operate that way, especially in the times we are in. The ones that understand the bigger picture are not in favor of funds wasted on a name or two organizations. There are much larger issues to deal with if people want to keep riding their shiny new sleds in the backcountry. :) Let's focus on what's important…which isn't a name but working together for common goals.

British Columbia Snowmobile Federation = BCSF est 1965
Association of British Columbia Snowmobile Clubs = ABCSnow est 2006

Both represent snowmobile clubs in BC. Some out of province clubs are members too. Neither represent ASA clubs

Last edited:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me, where I personally stand is from the perspective of a Snowmobiler. I want every ounce of dollars we contribute to go into helping our sport. I want so much for clubs to grow in presence and effectiveness. Clubs should be a valuable resource that lends credibility to our sport. Clubs should provide safety outreach and be the nucleus for snowmobiling in the area they represent. Clubs should be the voice against land closures and those who want to shut us down for simply existing.
I would love for our dollars to go to safety outreach for all ages. To create programs that save lives. I would like our dollars to go back into the people who contribute through membership and trail passes. Each club works hard for the money they earn, and lets face it, it is expensive to maintain a grooming program, to provide outreach within our communities and to maintain our cabins and riding areas. What if, the emphasis was focused on what we can do rather than what we are called? What if we set pride aside and focused on the issues that need to be addressed? What if We were indeed just that? a WE.
Fact remaining, personalities make it difficult to "like" everyone. Impossible in fact, but this isn't about finding our next bff so we can take long walks on the beach and share secrets. This is about our sport, and being effective for the long term. Through all of this I have learned a lot. A lot about our sport. A lot about myself and a lot about people in general. Fact remaining, it is a waste of time. effort and resources if we as leaders are not effective for the people and clubs we represent. Many details need to be worked out. I have a full day of conference calls today to help sort through some of them. Is it worth it? Yes, with all my heart I believe it is worth it. We are worth it. WE, united by the passion we love.

Ditto. :)

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most BC snowmobile clubs don't want to dish out $100,000 for a name change though. We can't spend club money on a name change when clubs are hurting for money, groomers, labour, etc. unless the clubs vote to spend that money. Where would this money come from? Government? Most likely not, they would laugh at us if we went for funding for a name change when we face so many issues at this time. Perhaps the ABCS has funds to cover it, but I'm not sure they have that kind of money at this time either. Non profits operate like a business, just because they don't profit doesn't mean they don't benefit from strong business ethics or the ability to make decisions based on good business. Many clubs operate for personal reasons on a casual basis and decisions are based on that, which is all fine and good, but not all clubs want to operate that way, especially in the times we are in. The ones that understand the bigger picture are not in favor of funds wasted on a name or two organizations. There are much larger issues to deal with if people want to keep riding their shiny new sleds in the backcountry. :) Let's focus on what's important…which isn't a name but working together for common goals.

British Columbia Snowmobile Federation = BCSF est 1965
Association of British Columbia Snowmobile Clubs = ABCSnow est 2006

Both represent snowmobile clubs in BC. Some out of province clubs are members too. Neither represent ASA clubs

Exactly, very well put

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ABCSF

Slight change to the acronym, definitively represents the areas represented in the title.
If someone was to say to me BCSF, I don't think about Crowsnest Pass. I don't believe most of the public would either. They see BCSF and think British Columbia only.

If you guys want this merger to work and last, change the name-show commitment!!

Well duhhhhhhh! :wtf1:

Top Bottom