abc snowmobile clubs

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious. thoughs clubs that switched from bcsf to abc. is it any better? and why?

wrenchyanker

Reaction score
I was told by my club the reason they changed over to ABC was that BCSF could not or would not show where it's mebership money's went!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The club here switched also a couple years ago. When theywere trying to close some of our area's due to cariboo habitat the bcsf was contacted to see if they could help us fight to keep our area's open and they more or less told us we were on our own. And yet ABC has a team of people that'll come help to keep the area's open.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue River the support and tireless effort the ABC folks put in to helping our club has been priceless. ABC has the know how, experience and credibility to get things done. All done by volunteers. Best move we ever made.

President BRPP

explain what they did that bscf couldnt do?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a deep breath and calmly explain.

Now that I've calmed down....take a look at this map. This is just one of them, there are actually 3 maps to cover the area. All the red "legislated" closures on the west side of the black line were agreed to by ABC without any discussion with the Cranbrook club. Lots of it is our riding area. Anyone ever tried to get a "legislated" closure reversed? Compare that to the other side of the black line. There's actually more Caribou habitat on that side, but with help from the BCSF we successfully fought tooth and nail for "voluntary" closures and restrictions on the east side of the Purcells, keeping our best basins and almost all roads and cutblocks open. Had we had any input I'm very confident we could have carried that same agreement over height of land on to the west side. It's the boundary between 2 forest districts, not the boundary of our riding area. The east side was negotiated first, and we were told by government we would be involved in the west side when it came up. We were never even advised it was happening until ABC had already signed off on it with the Creston club.
:realmad::realmad:

All that aside, I predict splitting snowmobilers apart with 2 provincial organizations neither of which now has the funding to properly represent us will be the death of snowmobiling in B.C.
Rant over. What I really think of ABC would get my post deleted. Time for a :beer:. Happy New Year! :hi:

Attachments

• caribou.jpg
    caribou.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: jbb

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was my thoughts to. why do we need 2 groups? im a former member at eagle valley and hunters and never heard anything about the change or why. sometimes i think i just donated my membership money to them just because.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was my thoughts to. why do we need 2 groups? im a former member at eagle valley and hunters and never heard anything about the change or why. sometimes i think i just donated my membership money to them just because.

We don't....we need one. Splitting our money between two of them is going to kill our sport. The change happened because there were some problems with the BCSF. The solution was to fix them, which has been done. The solution was NOT to "take my ball and go play somewhere else"!

ridndirty

Reaction score
Sounds like Alberta might be headed down the same road. ASA is getting a little carried away with how important and impressive they look, sitting at the top of their Ivory tower, looking down at the rest of us lowly volunteers BTW, they can't get me thrown off of snow and mud for speaking up, can they?

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ray , your correct in your thinking....one loud voice is easier to hear and show the membership numbers.
with that thinking ,everyone should support one snowmobile organization.
The BCSF has been an active part of snowmobiling in BC for many years. Why not get involved with them and make it what it should be?

Top Bottom