A trade for the Scrambler

MEVV

Reaction score
Yo
I'm asking for thoughts on a straight across trade on a 08 Honda CRF 150 RB dirtbike for a 08 500 Polaris Scrambler ATV. I'm selling my bike wanting to get back into quadding but I don't know too much about these Scramblers. Deal or No Deal?!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All else being equal the trade is even.

Be sure the Scrambler will serve your use of a quad. Remember: No low range and very limited selction of tires. It will never be a mud bogger and it will never be as manuoverable as a sport quad.

Things to check on the Scrambler: Brakes, rear axle and swing arm bearings, and chain/sprockets.

boiler146

Reaction score
I have two scramblers and love them. But to quote numerous peeps "Its not If your rear brakes will fail ITS when" That holds true I replaced both machines PADS this year.

AND

Garryese is the guru of Scramblers if needed!!!:d

MEVV

Reaction score
I made the trade and luvn it. Could you suggest a PSI 2 run my tires at?

MEVV

Reaction score
I made the trade and luvn it. Could you suugest a PSI 2 run my tires t?

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MEVV, what kind of tires do you have? What kind of terrain are you going to be riding in?

2-1/2 to 4 psi depending on the tire and the terrain. We run ours at 2-1/2 psi with bear claws when traction is important. We up that to 3 psi when we go to the mountains so the rocks do not beat the wheels too bad.

5-7 psi would result in a horrible experiance.

S

stripe

anyone have a winch mounted on a scram that could post some pics I'm looking for ideas to Mount one on myn

Top Bottom