A real Doo rider

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We Had a birthday party for this older gentleman in the shack this weekend, who can still ride the klim gear right off most of you keyboard jockeys. He watched a few of maxwells video's , giggled and said "Maxwell schmaxwell does he ever gets past the bunny hills". Loyal Doo guy, really high mile, high day count, all mountain guy for a lot of years, super impressive. A humble and modest Doo rider, pfft, i know i know, sounds like bull$hit even when i type it, but its true, he's a rarity. Way beyond impressive , as a person and a rider.
Mel, you are in a class by yourself and a whole bunch of us are honoured to ride with you .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 616
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 626
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 629
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:

BigBuckHunter

Reaction score
Well said Lenny. Ignore the posts from the couch jockeys who found their profile pics in a magazine that has pics real riders like Mel. And before anyone else posts a poor attempt at humor; I also have the honor of knowing Mel and riding with him a few of his probably 75 plus days a year and every time I look over and see him riding it blows my mind how he can do what he does. I try and follow so I can help in case he gets stuck but he rarely gives a guy the opportunity. If we all aspire to become half the man he is and we'll be doing way better than most.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on brother Mel. Glad to hear a good story about a fellow who enjoys living the dream.

Pal Lem

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Mel! Have rode many times with him at Sled camp in Kakwa when I had my camp there! He will definitely out ride many a younger man! And when its time for lunch eat fast cause when he's done his sandwich its time to ride and if you can't keep up too bad! Been a few Years since Ive been up there but would love to go back!

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, happy birthday Mel (75 I think). An amazing person and rider. I remember when he used to burn a 45 gallon barrel of injection oil every year (and he didn't waste any).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Mel and his wife Elaine are some of the nicest folks you can have the honour of knowing and riding with.
Most folks have no idea the amount of trail clearing ,sign installing and maintenance that these two do.
Mel has logged thousands of Kms all mountain terrain as well as other great accomplishments such as world chuck wagons ? Lol
Never says much but always a big grin and the odd " where the hell does Lenny think he's going ? That's the wrong way ."

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think Mel would be up for an interview? I'd love to chat with him. When I hear stories of riders still shredding strong in their later years in life Stories like this really lift up my heart. Brand bashing would be the last thing on his mind. True love and appreciation of the sport is what his motivation would be. Very cool Rock on Mel!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like the t shirt says, "Never Underestimate a Old Guy with a a Sled"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBuckHunter

Reaction score
Just back from a great day deep in kakwa. To put an exclamation point on Mel's riding ability at 75: group of 12, all makes of stock sleds today. Mel watched quietly as we all put up our best marks on a hill we didn't stand a chance of getting to the top and without a word took his 174 doo and out did everyone. 2 other 174 doo's there and every time somebody got his mark he put up another one and ended up the champ once again. Very cool.

Top Bottom