A quick question 4 u all

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who makes the best (in your opinion) enclosed trailers? Im thinking of getting a four place, v-nose with the two doors up front.

Last edited:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think triton trailers make great units, or check out the Silver Sport sled trailers, I think either way you will be getting a great product.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I helped my buddies wife buy a new one a few years ago for her husbands surprise birthday and there is a lot to conisder when looking.
Weight, suspension and axles, interiors, warranty etc.
We went to one place and started a spreadsheet of options versus the cost and then started looking. Unfortunately I didn't keep the spread sheet but it was a lot of help because there are so many offerings out there.

Good luck and keep us informed on what you do.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I helped my buddies wife buy a new one a few years ago for her husbands surprise birthday and there is a lot to conisder when looking.
Weight, suspension and axles, interiors, warranty etc.
We went to one place and started a spreadsheet of options versus the cost and then started looking. Unfortunately I didn't keep the spread sheet but it was a lot of help because there are so many offerings out there.

Good luck and keep us informed on what you do.

Yes there is a ton of things to look at when buying a trailer, unfortunately i must do most of it on the internet which just doesn't do justice. I did however stop at Allan Dale in Red Deer on the weekend and priced out a 4 place Haulmark, black trailer , list price $11,700.00 and a two place was $7995.00. A four place is a big unit but i think I'll regret it if i buy a two place. The trailers are plain with no cabinets, they had one roof vent, fuel doors and 32" side door with a 5 foot V nose and a dome light.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sounds like your on the right track. I agree, you'll probably come to regret not buying the four place at some point unless you have a deck you can throw on when required.
Features, Features, Features...only you know what you want.
Good luck.

Yes there is a ton of things to look at when buying a trailer, unfortunately i must do most of it on the internet which just doesn't do justice. I did however stop at Allan Dale in Red Deer on the weekend and priced out a 4 place Haulmark, black trailer , list price $11,700.00 and a two place was $7995.00. A four place is a big unit but i think I'll regret it if i buy a two place. The trailers are plain with no cabinets, they had one roof vent, fuel doors and 32" side door with a 5 foot V nose and a dome light.

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Interstate and so far it is good. You may want to ask Ron there are pics of his in the gallery and it looks pretty sweet, not sure on the make.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wells cargo is the best trailer i have seen, but also the most pricey too. triton trailers looked pretty good too. there is alot of stuff to look for when buying. start by comparing specs. lots of them have 24" on center floor joints, i prefer 16". another thing to watch for is the gauge of alumumin siding. if you want to go for a drive to save money check out fast toys for boys in davidson ,sask.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'M GONNA BUY A 4PLACE ENCLOSED STATESIDE, THIS FALL.... WILL TRY TO KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED, AS PRICED OUT, SHOULD SAVE UP TO $5,000:eek:... CAN'T WAIT

Yes, DO keep us informed, I am very interested on how you make out.

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Several sled and ATV websites have topics discussing the pro's and cons of various brands, and aluminum vs steel frame, and in line vs full width. There is almost as much bias as there is in brand loyalty. It all comes down to what best suits your budget and purpose. I would be inclined to agree that the four place will come in handy, although a two place might fit on your driveway better.

As for budget, as with many other things in life, you do get what you pay for. I have a CargoMate for sleds, and just picked up a Featherlite carhauler for ATV's. They also work great for storage in the off-season. The quality of the Featherlite makes the CargoMate look pale, but brand new it would also cost more.

Here's a pic...
HPIM0414.jpg

And if you're heading south for a little cross border shopping, you might want to save a few bucks on one of these, too...
HPIM0407-2.jpg

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, so get a roof vent installed if it doesn't already have one. Salem vents are great also, for keeping out dust on gravel roads. They pressure up the trailer so the dust can't get in.

I would ordinarily buy a white trailer, but the deal on the Featherlite was far too sweet to pass on.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEY SLEDGIRL.... WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR FEATHERLITE... AND WHAT SIZE IS IT??? I'VE BEEN KINDA LOOKIN' AT CAR TRAILERS WITH THE V-NOSE, SO I CAN HAUL CARS IF/WHEN I NEED TO. ONLY PROBLEM IS THE SLEDS WITHOUT REVERSE..... GUESS I CAN ALWAYS USE THE CASTER WHEELS. ARE YOU USING YOUR SUPERCLAMPS IN THE TRAILERS???:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a model 4926, the specs should be on the Featherlite website. The box on the square is 20 feet, I think, plus the nose. If you run mountain sleds make sure you can fit four in lengthwise, guys. Even if your sleds are 136" tracks, for resale value, consider whether 162s will fit. Could keep you from having to sell in the future, also. Then again, it gives you a REASON to get a newer trailer, right?? Shiny new toys are always fun.

The previous owner of this one had it for hauling his Porsche to Seattle for servicing from Spokane, so he had only 2500 miles on it. If you're buying off the net get LOTS of pics of ALL parts of the trailer before you leave home.

Superclamps are very nice......but I'm too cheap to buy them at full price. The bars I have work fine and only take a minute, just keep them sprayed with WD40 for easy turning.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yea, I've Bin Lookin' At 25, 26, And 28 Foot Car Haulers(8.5 Feet Wide) And I Would Save Over $5000.00 By Buying State Side, But Would Have To Drive To At Least Minnesota, But Thats A Good Weekend Worth Of Driving There And Back...... Thats A Good Thing, Isn't It??

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, do you make $5000 (after tax) in a weekend? Something to think about.
Have a nice trip!!!

You should be able to find one much closer.

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a model 4926, the specs should be on the Featherlite website. The box on the square is 20 feet, I think, plus the nose. If you run mountain sleds make sure you can fit four in lengthwise, guys. Even if your sleds are 136" tracks, for resale value, consider whether 162s will fit. Could keep you from having to sell in the future, also. Then again, it gives you a REASON to get a newer trailer, right?? Shiny new toys are always fun.

The previous owner of this one had it for hauling his Porsche to Seattle for servicing from Spokane, so he had only 2500 miles on it. If you're buying off the net get LOTS of pics of ALL parts of the trailer before you leave home.

Superclamps are very nice......but I'm too cheap to buy them at full price. The bars I have work fine and only take a minute, just keep them sprayed with WD40 for easy turning.

Sledgirl..........once you try superclamps you will never use anything else.they are worth every penny. I have the front and the rears, old style though made of the steel

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I know I'd like them. Friends have them, but I'm not dieing to get a set. For a great price, sure....but I am a tight wad. Besides, they won't make my sled lighter, or gain horsepower.....or even look shiny!!LOL

Now, if you boys wanna start a Superclamps for Sledgirl fund........I'll make room for them in my trailer.

Top Bottom