a new revolution

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catman10 is giving away his MTNTK pro. It's the twin to mine. He's going to part it out too if he has too. Somebody is going to get a wicked deal.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a bit of a decline in new stuff on the mountain and see some new age mods where guys are breathing life into 3-5 year old machines instead of replacing them. The innovation is always impressive and who doesn't love an underdog?

My machine is 4 years old and hardly a mod but has had many changes to improve factory performance and address imo what are some shortcomings as well as personal preferences.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a revolution Teth Air. More like evolution that's needed or the sport will go the way of heli sking. Only the rich survived.

Fair enough but evolution in my mind is taking the best (usually new iron) and making better. I was more thinking, throw out that idea completely and start fresh with proven ideas from the recent past and piece them together. Usually a good thing from the past came with 2-3 features that were not so good. E.g. A good sled from 5 years ago might have had a great power plant but the chassis sucked. If the best motor and best chassis were paired together we should have a real winner. Anyone put an e-tec in a Proride chassis here?? Not that this is my ultimate sled but it makes for great conversation and shows others what is possible.

Lanko

Reaction score
Catman10 is giving away his MTNTK pro. It's the twin to mine. He's going to part it out too if he has too. Somebody is going to get a wicked deal.

Did not see it in the S&M classifieds, wondering where it is listed, pm me with more info, appreciate it. Thanks Niner

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why loose any value when an option to multi use one unit all season long.

Yes, it won't go where sleds go, but they will take a rider off grid.
Nill for wear and tear, tracks & supports last a long time,,, and will be used for many many years of adventures.
No modding required, funds for endless outtings, and it takes 1 hour too slowly change back to stock.

All season trips on one unit, and the tracks fit on the next unit when the time comes.

Registering & Insuring """1""" unit saves coin, cuts down on distance and repairs on one unit. No more fixing 2 units or finding storage for 1 as the other is in use.

No need too come home to switch out units of Alberta or BC when the tracked up unit is a all season thing.

I'll admit that I truly loved sledding over the 14 Years in BC, but the drive there and back, cost of rooms, and trail fees kept my wallet thin. Little lone snowmobile repairs that were far and few between.

Each too their own when choosing their play time, and in no way is a multi purpose slow unit for everyone,,, plus these units will never go where sleds go in the BC steep & deep.

Abandon logging roads yes, big fluffy bowls no.

Going this route has saved me alot of cash, less in fuel cost, traveling time, nill too repair or fix so far, good too ride any where in the Americas less jagged Rocky cliffs. But all other terrain is a go.

Each person finds what works for him or her in the quest of good times. That's what really counts.

This message was brought to you by a crazy independent dude with no ties too BRP 850 sleds, nor am I a "nay" supporter of left wing groups a-possed too Ford 1/2 tons with 2 sleds on an aluminum deck.

Wild and Wooly free Lance dude that shares in ideas for those that choose too find thrills of saving coin and enjoying more time too spend these savings

Mel Bmal spelled back wards. Ha

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha,,,,, a loooooooooong ways from 850 Doo.

The title of the thread confused me as a new revolution means different things too different humans. Of course it's alway wize too have all threads go cross-threaded & side-ways...A Snow & Mud tradition thing.

But really, a new revolution too me or others might be more in-line with keeping costs in check over the long hual, covering endless miles over many days, and being able to do this on a small amount of funds per-year.

Sorry that my post is not in line with the real thread, at least it gives me an idea too start a thread related to the above.

When we are young and have the time too mod all kinds of things, then by all means,,, but life situations take over,,, families, work, keeping the day to day running, and the un-inspecteds that pop up.

I tried the mod sleds, 4x4's, race cars, speed boats, motorvycles, and a few other things.

The reason it didn't work for me was I like being out there doing the thing opposed too making and fixing too get there.

The "Heavy" part too doing mods is time & money.
In our world today we could see less funds and more time needed at work to account for less funds in wages,,, this is a could be or maybe.

An old saying might sound like this in todays age as it was mentioned in 1946 after the war.

One can keep putting in the time & funds too keeping the old tractor running, or find one that allows for a turn key operations.

Yes that the turn key operations come at a cost,,, but at least your odds are increased that you'll be on the field doing what your suppose too be doing and enjoying.

This is revolution of then and now.

Sorry for the crazy post, but at least it gives me an idea on sharing ways that "could" alot more time & funds of putting the feet on the grounds where folks might want to be.

Recreation is a revolution by its self, along with the many things we attach too it. OHV & Sleds both.
Guess that's how the multi all season unit idea came to be.

Sorry again, and Thx a buncher as it gets'er my pumpkin thinking of sharing more of this on a new too Mud & Snow thread. It's about having lots of funds to log on the miles with less work too feed the dragons that limit the use of good times.

Lem

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a video of a custom snow bike
with a 800cc ptec. Trying to figure out
how to post off my phone.

Coolest snow
bike Ike I ever saw.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More about getting more exposure so I know what works and what doesn't. There may be, or may not be the need for any improvement of the products on the market but I am not as familiar with them as I would like.
Was out in Allan with Assaultin on Wednesday and Thursday . We let a few guys try ours and changed how they look at Snowbikes. Each one had a rather surprized look on their face and said holy crap that's different. Lots of "I would never been able to do that on my sled". I'm not saying the bikes are perfect by any means and everyone needs one cause just like sleds they aren"t but they definitely change your skill set and open you to different areas. I consider myself to have been a pretty decent sledder and would not by any stretch of the imagination gone where Assaultin ( got some skill indeed) took me. If you ask a biker they may or may not let you try theirs but if your in a group just rent one for a day. I'm finding a lot of people saying they just never thought.......

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is cool forsure. Just shows that you can't slow down the moders, they are always tryin different stuff. Keep it up guys we need to keep these industries going forward. Saw a pic in a magazine of a 70's Shrew Snow Cycle and look where we are now. LOl. Who would have thought there could be Tracks on Quads 20 or so years ago.

Top Bottom