A Great Big Thanks.......

Farm_boy

Reaction score
I would like to send out a great big thank you to the considerate people that allowed me to pick up all their garbage in their campsite on Sunday afternoon. This campsite located down the Rig Street Road looked like a damn war zone. We had just finished our days ride, on our way back to the trucks when we came upon this site, styrofoam meat trays laying everywhere, plastic grocery bags laying all through the trees, cardboard shotgun shell boxes all over the place, spent shotgun shells, like I mean hundreds of em, covering the ground, smashed beer bottles, muddy socks and gloves, everything you can think of. In total I picked up 4 bags of garbage.

I would also like to thank all the truck loads of quads that drove past on their way home staring right at me, your help was greatly appreciated.

So in conclusion thanks again, it was a beautiful sunny day and I couldn't think of anything else I would have rather done after a kick ass day of ridin........

And with that my rant is over.................:rant:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hats off to you my friend,Its to bad there were not more people like you riding in the same area to help you out.These people need to realize that this is part of the reason we lose our riding area's!
Good on Ya!
catmando!

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
and these people were quadding? it isnt hunting season, no reason for a shotgun or hundreds of shells. sure makes you feel safe on the trail when you hear these stories. probably the same type of people who dump thier household garbage, appliances etc... on rural roads. azzholes. and just a side note. where exactely is this? so i dont go there when the trails are closed permanently.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for You. I'ts never easy to clean up after someone else, especially when it's something like that :mad: Hard to beleive that this day and age there are still mindless idiots like that roaming free. Does'nt sound like they were quaders though? Probably drunk partiers

:beerchug:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
it isnt that hard to believe about the idiots. just take a drive on any major highway and look in the ditch. piles of crap everywhere. and if you want to see even more idiots work drive down say 50 st or 34 st north of 167 ave. i believe on 34 st y9ou will find a microwave, couch, deep freeze and a hot water tank. all in about 2 or 3 km's. and this was just what i noticed.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good going!!! We all thought the same thing last spring when we cleaned up Bruderhiem area. Took some riding time but made a big difference. We all have to do our part to clean up our recreation even if its not our mess. Sounds like a Grad Party. Good going Mr.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope 2 weeks later all messed up again. Haven`t been there this year yet BUT I can imagine what it looks like

Cabinboy

Reaction score
And A Great big thanks to you Farm_Boy. I too have had the privelege of cleaning up after a few azzholes up in the cadomin area. Total lack of respect for everything around them, and above all themselves. Only problem i had was I myself than got into ch!t with the "operator" of Whitehorse Campground when i dropped off the 6 bags of garbage there. Thats another story. But thanks for doing that, we need more of us doing it, but it would sure be nice to catch these idiots in the act, and take some license #'s down. Don't have to say anything to them, just hand the info to wildlife officers, or RC's.

easyrider

Reaction score
I don't know where this place is, but just a comment regarding the riders who went by you while you were cleaning up. These riders may have assumed that it was your mess or campsite. I don't believe there was any way they would have known otherwise.
Anyway, it's great to know there are still people like you out there that will do that sort of thing. Have a good one and many happy trails to you.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were on a rally last year had lots of problems so we were just a head of the clean up crew came across a small fire that some #### didnot put out we put it out just as the clean up crew came along they were very we took the time to do it iam not sure how many went by our saying is you pack it in you pack it out no should have to clean up after someone else if people continue to be#### we will lose the trails we ride on and that would p### me off if i had to park my quad

Top Bottom