A friend told me that you can buy a kit for a 96-98 670 summit so that it wont flood!

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK Ok

A friend of mine said that you can buy a carb kit (or some kind of kit) for a 96-98 670 summit so that it wont flood out when it's on its side!
Would someone please tell me if this is so????

justin;)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK Ok

A friend of mine said that you can buy a carb kit (or some kind of kit) for a 96-98 670 summit so that it wont flood out when it's on its side!
Would someone please tell me if this is so????

justin;)

Yeah - its called EFI. :D

Seriously though - Flooding on its side is a result of the floats in the carbs flipping down (up actually) and letting the needles leak fuel. You'd have to get rid of the floats, unless there is a float kit mod?

You can just put on a shut off valve for $5.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Seriously though - Flooding on its side is a result of the floats in the carbs flipping down (up actually) and letting the needles leak fuel. You'd have to get rid of the floats, unless there is a float kit mod?

LLOL funny!
what are you running on your 670 mod man???

justin:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

where would you install a shutoff valve? if its inline on the fuel line would that really work? im just thinking there is probly enough fuel in the bowl to flood it . but i guess that would stop it from seriously flooding if it took along time to get it right side up

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weren't guys swapping the bent float arms for straight ones and re-setting the float levels to help alleviate the dreaded 670 side flood? (or some variation of this....been a while)

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem I always end up upside down at least once a trip!

I used to race jet skis and always wondered about running water craft carbs? No float. I don't know why it wouldn't work? I'm sure someone must know if this has been tried or at least why it wouldn't work?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weren't guys swapping the bent float arms for straight ones and re-setting the float levels to help alleviate the dreaded 670 side flood? (or some variation of this....been a while)

Your on the right track DaveB, if you flatten the float arms clip off extra length and re adjust height it helps with the flooding.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My little old 670x i moved the fuel shut-off valve from inside the hood t0 just up on the console, so when i flipped, or put it on it's side i could easily shut the fuel off............ Easiest was use the dpm clip and when stuck, or too upright just pull the plug, and it would shut off before it flooded too badly, and then i would hit the fuel shut-off, and then just a quick 1/2 throttle and several pulls and it would start................just sayin'............ Enjoy the sled, as it is still very competitive with today's sleds!!!

Attachments

• thumb_26w[1].jpg
    thumb_26w[1].jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 125

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where would you install a shutoff valve? if its inline on the fuel line would that really work? im just thinking there is probly enough fuel in the bowl to flood it . but i guess that would stop it from seriously flooding if it took along time to get it right side up

If its still running and your can shut the fuel off then you are pretty much golden, it will burn some of the fuel in the bowl but not let any more in, keeps flodding to a minimum. These sleds need a shut off anyway, just relocate it to the outside of the panel below the pull handle or on the console like Ric said.

You can use the carb float trick, mine are already re-set but there is only so much you can play with them, still going to have a problem with the sled flooding when it is completely upside down, rolling on its side is usually not that big of a deal for me anyway (just push it over) unless you let it ghostride away from you and it gets stuck for a longer time on its side.

Shut off on the panel worked the best for me, easy to shut off when you put in the truck and have to lift up the tailgate too.

That's all I did anyway and it seemed to work well. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom