A/c unit

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have Bryant central a/c system for the house. Every 2nd year it needs to be recharged. The repair guy keeps telling me he can't find any leaks. Has anyone ever experienced this problem or know what to look for. This unit is about 4years old.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Often times there are rubber seals that crack and leak. Depending on how the crack is positioned with the rubber as it moves and stretches under pressure and temperature it may not be leaking when the service guy shows up. It probably leaks during the cold of winter, but is otherwise fine. There are pressurized tests that can be done to check for this though. Call another service tech like others have suggested.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might try replacing the schraeder valves(same as valve stem on your tires). You need a schraeder core removal tool to do it so you dont loose your charge. You could check and make sure you have access port caps with o rings. For starters i would try to tighten the schraeders. Your a/c guy probably tried this. I just spent about 6 hours trying to find a leak and had to isolate it into 3 system to find which system was leaking. I ended up putting the evaporator in a garbage can full of water to find a pinhole leak inside of the fins. Very frustrating finding a leak when it is not at a brazed connection or flare fitting.

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Often times there are rubber seals that crack and leak. Depending on how the crack is positioned with the rubber as it moves and stretches under pressure and temperature it may not be leaking when the service guy shows up. It probably leaks during the cold of winter, but is otherwise fine. There are pressurized tests that can be done to check for this though. Call another service tech like others have suggested.

I think mine leaks out in the winter to. I guess i will have to find another guy the one i was using has about 30year exp.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have Bryant central a/c system for the house. Every 2nd year it needs to be recharged. The repair guy keeps telling me he can't find any leaks. Has anyone ever experienced this problem or know what to look for. This unit is about 4years old.

Where you at?

Top Bottom