99 summit 670x

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a complete stock exhaust out of a 96 summit 670. Hope this helps ya

670X

Reaction score
i would like to find one as well. is yours cracked? i tried having mine welded but it just recracked after a couple rides

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like to find one as well. is yours cracked? i tried having mine welded but it just recracked after a couple rides

Same issue with mine. Welded for the second time now. Just took a wire wheel to it last night and hope to paint it tonight with hi-temp exhaust paint. I had it wrapped with header wrap but it only lasted about one season. It kept the heat in good but ended up gettinng cut up on the side exhaust flanges.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a psi pipe for said unit. only issue is that it exits on the inside of the pipe instead of the outside. but could be modded to worrk. what can are you running?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know where's there's a brand new 670x stock pipe for sale,$300-$350 I think he wanted, sitting on a shelf, was going to buy it before I put the twins on. PM me if interested.

670X

Reaction score
ya the same thing happened with the heat wrap on mine last year so im just running it bare right now

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the same thing happened with the heat wrap on mine last year so im just running it bare right now

Have you noticed ang bogging in the powdery snow when the pipe gets wet and cools? My sled sure seemed to. I stopped and closed the vents and that seemed to help for a bit until the pipe got another good blast of the cold white stuff!

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're in Camrose area. More snow in the fields around here than there has been in years. Not much of a base yet but it is pretty good.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know where's there's a brand new 670x stock pipe for sale,$300-$350 I think he wanted, sitting on a shelf, was going to buy it before I put the twins on. PM me if interested.

That would be nice but I would be in a load of k-rap with the wife if I spent any more money this year! I stripped as much rust off of mine a couple of nights ago with an angle grinder and wire brush after treating it with some anti-rust stuff. Last night I painted it with some VHT Hi-Temp Flame Proof paint. (see link below) Tonight I plan on curing it in the BBQ (it actually fits) as per the instructions. A member on this site had some new aluminium shrows for a 1997 Summit that I can modify to fit my pipe. Hopefully, I will get a few more years out of it...

VHT

Daddyo101

Reaction score
I am very interested in your PSI pipe could you call me at 780-464-4546 or cell at 780-499-3103 ask for vince

Top Bottom