98 Summit 670 X Mod

450patch

Reaction score
Just wanted to show what i've done to my sled to make it perform better in the mountains. Also it's for sale.

-153"x15"x2" Camoplast Maverick track
-3" pitch Avid extrovert drivers
-2006 Summit Bars (all controls work, except electronic reverse and start)
-Summit 440 Style seat conversion
-MBRP can)
-Pilot 6.9 ski's
- 8" Specialty billet wheels
- one-off custom billet running board grips

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 2,782
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 939
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,044

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Nice lookin sled. How hard was it to fit that rev seat? I was thinking about doing the same with mine. That 153 looks great under that thing too...just lose the yellow idler wheels at the front and she'll look sweet! How much are you looking to get for it?

450patch

Reaction score
Thanks. The seat was surprisingly easy to fit. Just use the other fuel tank that come on other S-Chassis' and the seat pan for that tank. Yea it doesn't look as good as it could, i only wanted to spend money on the overall performance of it and i got a good deal on the wheels. Even though it might be unrealistic, i'm looking to get $4000obo. I'd put some stock parts back on it and sell if for less though. I'm curious to know how much someone would pay just for the seat.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont wanna rain on your dreams but at 4g youll be ridin that for a long time. you can get into a 05 rev for 4500 or less if you look around.
nice sled though i have a 99 with a few mods done to it and realisticly if i was going to sell i think i may get 3 for it but i have seen alot of them this year on kijiji sitting that are priced at 2500. granted they are stock ones but there isn't 1500 in upgrades to yours that i see.

thats why i keep mine it aint worth chit but still a nice sled to ride.

450patch

Reaction score
I was just testing the waters with that price. There's lots on kijiji right now for $3500. And i have over 2K into it, that was doing things on a budget, and that's not including the parts that are custom machined for it. That's why i'm willing to sell it cheaper but with the stock parts back on it. For $4500 for an 05 "seems" like a good deal, but i'm sure we all know what kind of sled you're getting for that money.

ZakAttack

Reaction score
I just bought a 98 670X for $3000 just over a month ago... piped and 144" and mountain bars... There was alot of other 670's for around $2k but this one had complete bottom and top end redone and only 30km on it since...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just testing the waters with that price. There's lots on kijiji right now for $3500. And i have over 2K into it, that was doing things on a budget, and that's not including the parts that are custom machined for it. That's why i'm willing to sell it cheaper but with the stock parts back on it. For $4500 for an 05 "seems" like a good deal, but i'm sure we all know what kind of sled you're getting for that money.

4500 for an 05 before it snowed there was lots. but sorry 4 for a 98 is way to much like i said man. buddy of mine had his 99, full chromoly front clip 151 2" 809 tripple built by mots all new pushing 215 hp. lightweight rear skid etc. for sale last winter he started at 5500 finally sold this fall for 4000

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You will never get out of it what you put in. Trust me on that - you don't want to know how much I have into my sled over the years. $2K in upgrades = about $500 extra on the resale. It doesn't go dollar for dollar. As soon as you put "mod" in front of your sled, it's worth even less, even though its only got a track and seat swap.

Anyone with a stock S-chassis sled (like yours) on Kijiji priced for more than $2500 is throwing a hail mary. Yes that's what they list them for, but what they end up selling for is totally different.

The chassis is now 4 generations old (S-chassis, ZX, Rev and now XP).

$4500 is a good deal for a well cared for 05, but I still would be hard pressed to buy one for that price, because the new chassis is out. If you are going to upgrade, might as well upgrade. In two years they will have another chassis generation probably.

Here's mine, I was thinking of starting at around $4500 this winter (not on the market just yet), just so you can compare. I think this is close based on what magnet's buddys 809 went for.

Chassis (registration says 98 but pretty much the whole sled is custom):
- Fully welded aluminum tube tunnel and bulkhead, gussetted for strength. Weighs slightly less than stock, twice as strong
- Full powdercoated chassis
- Dropped and rolled chaincase, back 4", down 4"
- Extrovert drivers
- Extra long u - coolers
- Pilot skis
- Longer gas shocks
- 151" Camoplast
- 144" MXZ suspension in rear, uncoupled, setback for the 151" track
- Heavy springs
- Tricked Toys billet 8 spoke wheels
- Renthal bars
- Wildchild chromoly steering post (2" longer than stock, twice as strong)
- RSI 5" risers (pic shows powermadd riser - this has been changed)
- Custom lightweight mesh hood and hard cover hood
- Custom lightweight hi-rise seat
- Full length flap
- Gravity worx throttle and brake cables
- CR Racing Throttle block
- Probably another 20 things I forgot to mention
- Any weight that could be dropped was removed. This sled weighs 487 lbs full of fuel (11 gallons - you do the math on what it weighs dry).

Engine
- Race gas (670 based) rotax
- Ported
- 13.5:1 head
- Jaws twin pipes
- Pods and carb stacks
- Shorty rotary valve cover
- T-stat install (from an 08 XP)
- Oil injection deleted
- Cut rotary valve (501 spec)
- 46mm oval bored carbs
- TRA IV
- Quick clickers

I cannot count the hundreds of hours I have into this sled. There are probably 50 things more that I missed as well.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,208
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that actually pretty much even looks like a twin to the one my buddy sold. except the engine size. and he was full chromoly front end. and slp powder pros.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid $2000 for my 740 and couldn't give it away last year so I'm going to keep it if I have to sell it for nothing I'd rather lend it out to friends that want to "try" out the mountain thing. It still works and is getting cheaper to fix by the minute.

I like your sit mod :ThumbsupMsn:if I ever stop hitting rocks with my XP I have been saving a stock Xp seat for my S chassis.(I'll get it on one of these years LOL)

blaksabth69

Reaction score
Just wanted to show what i've done to my sled to make it perform better in the mountains. Also it's for sale.

-153"x15"x2" Camoplast Maverick track
-3" pitch Avid extrovert drivers
-2006 Summit Bars (all controls work, except electronic reverse and start)
-Summit 440 Style seat conversion
-MBRP can)
-Pilot 6.9 ski's
- 8" Specialty billet wheels
- one-off custom billet running board grips

Do you get any vibration from the 3" pitch set up or did you roll the chaincase?

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
insurance and registration are cheap, so for the 2000.00 i can get for my 96 670 with low km on a fresh motor, 156 track, chromoly suspension, pipes, etc, etc. etc. I have kept it for my 13 yr old daughter. It is almost as light as my XP and i know it will not let us down other than having her roll it and having to do the 40 pull flooded 670 thing twice a day, she wants me to buy her a 550 fan with reverse and electric start but it is hard to justify that for the 6 to 8 days a year, plus it's kinda cool seeing her on a mod.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I just bought a 1998 670x with aftermarket tunnel, 144" x 2" track spi (??) twin pipes with 2600km for $2500...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep had my 99 listsed for a bit was thinkin of selling if i got right offer. was asking 3800 best offer i got was 3200 and he started at 2500. like duct tape said i ll keep it for the kids. upgrade this spring for pappa. gonna sell the boat and upgrade sled and possibly some shop funds.:rolleyes: we spent 80+ hrs on the lake last year. and got sfa done to our yard. and i hate not having a shop of any kind for the sleds come winter. and my grass is 1.5 ft :eek:high once the snow goes. lol
gotta have only 1 addiction the wife says.:rolleyes:

luvsmud

Reaction score
Do you still have it, i was looking for a Boss seat for my S chassis and have been having trouble, mine is a 96 so would that be the proper tank and pan for your seat mod ?

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres mine, i bought it for 3500$ and put 4000g in to it after that! Its a 97 740 Union bay, and no one would buy it for 3000$ this winter so im keeping and and putting on a roller secondary and power jets and the last thing i could really do to this sled is put a new tunnel on it cause there are a lot of rivet holes in it lol! !

Cheers
Have a new rev water tank in it now!!!
salepicsforsled005.jpg

DSC05700.jpg

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of power does your 740 put out? I think I want to pull the 809 (215 hp Crank Shop triple) and put a 740 twin in for the kid! I just loved the 670 but it needed just a few more ponies!

Heres mine, i bought it for 3500$ and put 4000g in to it after that! Its a 97 740 Union bay, and no one would buy it for 3000$ this winter so im keeping and and putting on a roller secondary and power jets and the last thing i could really do to this sled is put a new tunnel on it cause there are a lot of rivet holes in it lol! !

Cheers
Have a new rev water tank in it now!!!
salepicsforsled005.jpg

DSC05700.jpg

Top Bottom