98 mxz 670

lew

Reaction score
i recently bought a 98 670 mxz took it out for thirty miles and deton a piston. not i found out that the guy i bought it from had the carbs on backwards. but i was just wondering with twin pipes what should it have for jets since it came stock with single pipe

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am assuming by backwards you mean side to side?
i have a 99 summit x model 670, twin pipes running 420 in each side with a 40 pilot, needle at mid setting. runs about 1250 on a hard pull for egts, thats running at about 2500ft or so. hope this helps ya bit, always go big on your first try with a main jet and then go down if needed after reading your plugs. jets are way cheaper than an engine right.

lew

Reaction score
i am assuming by backwards you mean side to side?
i have a 99 summit x model 670, twin pipes running 420 in each side with a 40 pilot, needle at mid setting. runs about 1250 on a hard pull for egts, thats running at about 2500ft or so. hope this helps ya bit, always go big on your first try with a main jet and then go down if needed after reading your plugs. jets are way cheaper than an engine right.

350 in mag side and 370 in cluch side and everything is chocolate brown. so thanks. and yes i agree on the engine theory i went through it twice on my 95 mach 1. and it has 430 pto and 420 mag

Top Bottom