98 jeep tj is getting a turbo. No if's and's or buts.

donnie

Reaction score
I am turboing my 98 jeep tj. Its not broke so im going to fix it, need more power. Now the only part i dont have figured out is will i need some sort of fuel management system?? More boost more fuel rite? Heres the thing, my jeep is fuel injected, has a 2 o2 sensors, no fuel filter, not sure of a fuel pressure regulator might be internal in fuel pump, so it should infact sense any different fuel mix ratio and adjust the mixture accordingly rite??

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to either a Peter, or Kevin at Mopac in Calgary, they have a guy that does custom programing (chips) for just this very thing

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need a fuel regulator that is has a boost line.....when if you run 10 PSI it adds 10 pounds more fuel pressure. I had an adjustable fuel reg on my Buick GN and that is how they worked.

donnie

Reaction score
So do you run a high pressure fuel pump behind the pressure regulator? Cause just putting in a regulator wouldnt have any effect over stock. And thanks i will talk to the guy at mopac.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do you run a high pressure fuel pump behind the pressure regulator? Cause just putting in a regulator wouldnt have any effect over stock. And thanks i will talk to the guy at mopac.

I would say yes you are going to need a fuel pump.

Top Bottom