97 mxz 670

chumley

Reaction score
i have been trying to get this dam sled running , pulled carbs 3 times installed new needles and seats it will fire and run for about 5 to10 seconds will not rev at all . please help. I think im getting drain bamage

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been trying to get this dam sled running , pulled carbs 3 times installed new needles and seats it will fire and run for about 5 to10 seconds will not rev at all . please help. I think im getting drain bamage

Fuel pump???

Vacuum line from engine to fuel pump?

Does it run if you keep priming it? If yes then its not getting fuel. If carbs are clean and have fuel then possibly fuel pump, if fuel pump is working ok then might be plugged pick up in tank.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
At the beginning of the season I had to dissconnect my fuel lines at the shut-off and pour fuel into the lines before reattaching them in order to create the vaccume needed for the primer to work properly....

When cold mine starts with 2 primes, but often times I need to give it a few extra after starting to keep it from stalling...

chumley

Reaction score
i rebuilt the fuel pump replace fuel line in fuel tank and i still have the same problem

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lean or rich. Just finished a 440 x sno cross sled that had the same problem, found the float needles and seats badly wore replaced them and its never run better.

chumley

Reaction score
i found the problem it broke the rotory valve its cracked , now how do i time it when i put the new one in? no more drain bamage ya

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crankmag side piston to tdc. not sure about yours but my x model has the timing marks etched into the cases. you want to have the leading edge of the rotary about 1/8" or so below the openiong for mag side carb. this will get you running at least to do it properly there is a procedure in the manual and you need a degree wheel. but you will be pretty close this way. good luck.

Top Bottom