95 summit 583 ignition problems

bigjohn1

Reaction score
hello i am new to the sight and this is my first sled i have done some sleding in the past but only borrwed machines i am having some trouble getting my sled to start it has sat for a year with no gas so the lines and carb were dry so i figured it was a fuel problem got gas in the lines and carbs tried pulling it over without plugs and got gas mist out of each plug hole put plugs back in but still wont fire could the plugs be shot or coil any help or prior exp would be a great help
thanks john

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
1- check that kill switch is up 2- rip cord kill is on its plug properly 3 -is there spark on plugs. if all this is good,,,,,, I offten take the fuel line out of the tank and prime,,,,, pull, pull,, pull,,,,, smoke me out of yard after it starts

bigjohn1

Reaction score
got spark on both olugs fuel to the carbs and cylinders but still wont start

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the rotary timing.

The easiest way to do this is bring the mag side piston to TDC and pull the MAG side carb, the port should be completely uncovered.

I just fought with the same thing earlier this year, had good fuel, good spark, but couldn't get it to run, and that is what it was.

bigjohn1

Reaction score
got it runing it was badly floded let it run for a couple of minutes ran it up and down the block shut it of and you could not pul it over puled the recoil and turned the primary clutch and it turned over hard but then was good again put recoil back on puled over easy but i had the key of but now rope is not retracting i can deal with the rope but any ideas why it would be hard to turn over initialy after it was shut off
thanks

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Primer likely leaking fuel into crankcase. I would be inspecting impulse lines from engine to fuel pump, too.

bigjohn1

Reaction score
this my be a dumb question but were can i get a shop manual for this sled
thanks

Top Bottom