900 RMK so confused

EAGLEeye

Reaction score
Hey guys I am infact new to sledding I love my 900 RMK but I have some things that I am not so sure are supposed to be happening 1 everytime I go out I have to top off injection oil and antefreez is always below the full line and i can't see it leaking anywhere 2 when I am out riding after about 15 miles or so i have to stop because my check engine is flashing when i stop it will go away but as soon as i go for awhile it will start to flash again i check the temp and it usually sits around 139to 148 deep snow and hard packed it jumps to 168 to 173 this is where i will stop and cool it down and go again funny thing is this thing runs great and a tone of power just confused is all any help would be greatly apreciated :confused:

94fordguy

Hey guys I am infact new to sledding I love my 900 RMK but I have some things that I am not so sure are supposed to be happening 1 everytime I go out I have to top off injection oil and antefreez is always below the full line and i can't see it leaking anywhere 2 when I am out riding after about 15 miles or so i have to stop because my check engine is flashing when i stop it will go away but as soon as i go for awhile it will start to flash again i check the temp and it usually sits around 139to 148 deep snow and hard packed it jumps to 168 to 173 this is where i will stop and cool it down and go again funny thing is this thing runs great and a tone of power just confused is all any help would be greatly apreciated :confused:

On my sled, it generally pukes out enough coolant through the overflow that when it is cold, the level in the bottle is about an inch below the fill line... as long as it doesn't overheat or go way down in the bottle this could be your problem there... a new bottle cap may be a good idea just to be sure. I haven't had to add any so far this season since I figured out that to be it's 'happy place'.

It is worth noting that if that is not your problem and you are infact not overfilled when hot, you may have a leak in the head O-rings and be burning it through the motor, not good.

How many times does the engine light flash? It will flash a code from 1-10 and then pause for a second before repeating.

Here's the code charts...

For 2005 900 RMK

900RMKtroublecodes.jpg

For 2006 700/900 RMK

Blinkcodes.jpg

max900

Reaction score

check the wire ends on the exhast temp senser they break at the clear fittings my coolant runs a inch below the max fill line run a couple times and keep a eye on it doesnt have to be on max line as long as it stays in a close rang

Top Bottom