900 rmk sat for a yr now wont stay running :(

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hasnt ran for a yr, did intake boots, new belly pan, new exhaust gaskets and new plugs but when it comes time to finally get out there and ride i cant. i pull plugs, dump a little gas in each cylinder and i can get it to run at high rpms up to a min so far, but as soon as u let off a bit it dies out. wtf. im thinkn maybe fuel pump? air in the lines? i know gas loses octane from sitting but cant be that bad to the point it wont stay running. only got 1500 miles on it. any ideas or help would be great. im sure the dealer wont be much help over the phone mon mourn lol

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dump the old fuel add fresh, check the TPS other than that check the oxygen sensor in the boost box make sure when you replaced the intake boots you got a good seal all around.

Hylode

Reaction score
This may sound stupid , but when I work on mine , and try to get it running it will do the same , and what I boiled it down to was fuel , (make sure there is enough in the tank so that the pump is not cavatating !

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem was broken tps wires. Had it fixed took it out and ran great and used a crap liad of oil. Urrggghhh now my oil cable is busted. More down time to order that now.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got the mystery solved. Hopefully the oil cable swap goes smooth for you!

Top Bottom