900 Injector Problems

sledwrek

Reaction score
Has anybody ever had any experience with fuel injectors failing on the 900's ? If so what are the sypmtoms, and could it just be a seal on the injector? I know the motor has to come out to get access to anything, so just looking for some input before that project begins.

sledwrek

Reaction score
The sled bogs down and takes a long time to build any power when you give it gas. It has been at 2 dealerships now, the first guy spent half a day on it checking codes and replacing parts, and the second guys are still working on it. We have already changed a ton of parts chasing this problem, we are almost down to the injectors now...getting pretty frustrated now.

900sleddude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard of injectors getting plugged from the float deteriorating in the fuel tank and particals will plug the injectors. The fuel tank float was recalled for the 05 900 I think, or suggested to be replaced.

sledwrek

Reaction score
Yeah that upgrade was done to mine as well...did fuel filter, checked fuel pressure, eliminated all exhaust valve related issues...I dont know what this things problem is. Even the dealer is confused...

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the clutch sticking?
is there a air leak at the intake area?
Did they test ignition?

sledwrek

Reaction score
Replaced a cracked intake boot, does the same thing with the clutches pulled off and just the machine revving. Hooked a test light to both cylinders and they are firing, pulled the can and pipe off and it is the same. Adjusted throttle position sensor too...I dunno. All signs seem to be pointing to injectors, or injector i guess. Its a 2005.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel pressure?... plugged fuel filter... two dealers...someone would have checked that im sure

sledwrek

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a way to test the injectors once they are out? The engine is pretty much out of it right now, and new injectors are $700 for the pair, seems like a pretty pricey gamble to see if they work or not.

guidoxpress

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a way to test the injectors once they are out? The engine is pretty much out of it right now, and new injectors are $700 for the pair, seems like a pretty pricey gamble to see if they work or not.

HEY BUD

you can send your injectors to WitchHunter Performance - Injector Cleaning & Flow Testing Services they are EXCELLENT and have a fast turn around time, and will give you a full rebuild and a spec sheet of before and after rebuild..all for $19 per injector..

come over to snowest, i will assure you will get your issue worked out...

ill see what i can come up with for you as well in the meantime.

have you tested your stator
have you tested your fuel regulator?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come over to snowest, i will assure you will get your issue worked out...

Yeah - maybe some of the whiz kids and the infinite wisdom of OT can help you sort out your injector problems....LMAO!!!

Talk to Deano670 on here - he has a local contact that can help you out.

Top Bottom