900 1m sled junky drop brackets

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have installed a sled junky drop bracket kit on my 2003 1m 900 151 and im lookin for a few pointers on setting it all up right , also since i put this kit in my limiter strap is tight and extended all the way is this right? :confused:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
got the same braket in thats how it looks like

here the strap
i would guess its normal that the strap is just about tight dont know for sure

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wlth your sled on flat ground,prefer a cement floor,Stand back and look at your track,does the pressure look even,If it is heavy on the front the paddles on the front will be bent over,This would indicate tighten the limiter straps,If the ones at the back are bent(doubt it)let the staps out,Tryt to get the pressure even.Tighten em up to climb,Loosen them to wheelie.
catmando!

Last edited:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
just copy pasted

On Arctic Cat 1M Mountain Cat and King Cats the rear of the track doesn't contact the ground. This causes poor steering. Poor control climbing and Poor control accelerating out of corners. This kit lowers the rear of the suspension putting the track flat on the ground. Because of the design the overall handling and controllability of the snowmobile is greatly improved. It turns better, rides smoother and soaks up the bumps better. Better control climbing and goes through the powder better. THE DIFFERENCE IS AMAZING. This kit also works well for converting to a 16" wide track because it holds the track up to clear the bracket

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YA THIS KIT I PURCHASED OFF EBAY BUT WAS DIRECTLY SHIPPED FROM SLED JUNKIES , IT WAS A GREAT IMPROVEMENT OVER STOCK, I ALSO PUT FOX CLICKERS UP FRONT WHICH ALSO WAS A BIG HELP IN HANDLING AND MOGULES NO MORE BOTTOMING OUT COOL :):beer: , BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THE LIMITER STRAP THIS JUST SEAMED STRANGE BECAUSE THERE IS USUALY A BIT OF SLACK AS IN NOT GUITAR STRING TIGHT BUT THE UPSIDE IS THE SKIES A DEFINITLY ON THE GROUND MORE INSTEAD OF CATWALKING EVERY TIME YOUR INTO THE THROTTLE MAINTAINING BETTER CONTROL AT ALL TIMES, I WOULD DEFINETLY RECOMEND THIS QUICK FIX FOR A POOR FACTORY DESIGN. :confused:WHY CAT DIDNT FIX IT THEM SELF I GUESS WE WILL NEVER NO:rant::nono:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are your factory rubber bump stops that should be on the rails below the TSL links? You better get those, SJ brackets make the suspension a little softer (usually a good thing) and you may see a little more bottoming.

The bump stops have to be moved back from the factory position as well when using SJ brackets or they will miss.

My KK was a spooky wheelie machine when climbing (16" Camo extreme track) before I got my SJ's. They fixed it right up.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YA THIS KIT I PURCHASED OFF EBAY BUT WAS DIRECTLY SHIPPED FROM SLED JUNKIES , IT WAS A GREAT IMPROVEMENT OVER STOCK, I ALSO PUT FOX CLICKERS UP FRONT WHICH ALSO WAS A BIG HELP IN HANDLING AND MOGULES NO MORE BOTTOMING OUT COOL :):beer: , BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THE LIMITER STRAP THIS JUST SEAMED STRANGE BECAUSE THERE IS USUALY A BIT OF SLACK AS IN NOT GUITAR STRING TIGHT BUT THE UPSIDE IS THE SKIES A DEFINITLY ON THE GROUND MORE INSTEAD OF CATWALKING EVERY TIME YOUR INTO THE THROTTLE MAINTAINING BETTER CONTROL AT ALL TIMES, I WOULD DEFINETLY RECOMEND THIS QUICK FIX FOR A POOR FACTORY DESIGN. :confused:WHY CAT DIDNT FIX IT THEM SELF I GUESS WE WILL NEVER NO:rant::nono:

I read your thread and I am interested in this Mod for my machine. Once you apply the power and the ski lift - it is hard for me to keep the machine going in the direction I want unless you pull and lean hard. This sound like it will help. How much does the drop brackets cost $$$ if you don't mind me asking ?

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i picked mine up off ebay for $150 they came directly from sled junkies though you can order direct for around the same i think ,check out there website, there also pretty easy to install thy do work good :d:beer:

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep in mind that the drop brackets arent for everyone....on the trail the drop brackets definetaly keep the back end attached to the snow a lot better in the bumps.... but they add a significant amount of ski pressure which seems to hinder it in the climbing aspect. I love mine and havent had a problem with climbing at all....however there are some guys out there 'tuners' that climb, fine tune, climb tune again, climb and get tune agian for perfection that have a problem with them just from the added ski pressure....but since i like to boondock as well as climb i wouldnt trade my brackets for the world just my .02

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definitly a lot more ski press. there ,helps with stearing i found that it climbs better than stock and also helps keep your skies a little closer to the ground when applying the big 900s hp. , on a steap climb instead of a cat walk every time you have better control and when it was stock i bottomed out too much for my likeing just my opinion :beer:

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definitly a lot more ski press. there ,helps with stearing i found that it climbs better than stock and also helps keep your skies a little closer to the ground when applying the big 900s hp. , on a steap climb instead of a cat walk every time you have better control and when it was stock i bottomed out too much for my likeing just my opinion :beer:

do you bottom out more with the brackets ? or do you bottom out less with the brackets ?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the kit last year and haven't intalled it yet. I'm thinking I might not since I might be selling the sled soon. Does anyone want it? I'm thinking $120 + shipping
IMG_0917.jpg

mtbrider

Reaction score
Will the Sled Junky drop brackets allow me to put a 2.5 track on my 2003 1m 900? I have a stock track on it now with 2 inch lugs but want a 2.5. I would imagine the brackets allow more clearance for this?:confused:

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will buy them from you consider them sold send me a email on how when and where you want to be paid thanks .

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will the Sled Junky drop brackets allow me to put a 2.5 track on my 2003 1m 900? I have a stock track on it now with 2 inch lugs but want a 2.5. I would imagine the brackets allow more clearance for this?:confused:

the 2.5 track will fit with out them. i have a 162x16x2.5 on my 03 900, but i am getting the drop brackets because the longer track hits the rear heat exchanger when going through big dips. sled had a 151 when new. the 2.5 will also rub the tunnel right under the seat a little more.

Top Bottom