872 Big Bore E-tec

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha Barry I still thought your tugboat was stock?? Although when I talked with the brp crew in revy a few weeks ago they figured you had some specialized NASA parts in that sled ?? I said nope not Barry he's more into clutching???( they didn't beleive me ?)I think we went through this before!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aero space could learn a few things from barry...lol friggin best running tugboat i seen

allrevsrule

Reaction score
I just want to make sure I have my game face on when I am playing with you big dogs ! Stock Rocks !You know me keep your sled all OEM !
They add fuel to the Etec with two air temp sensors in series, has anyone tried it on Etec stock or 872 like opopcorny popper ??

go green

Reaction score
By tricking the ECU with a temperature sender reading lower than what is in reality will cause the ECU to add more fuel to compensate for the denser air .. Pretty neat.

backchannel

Reaction score
By tricking the ECU with a temperature sender reading lower than what is in reality will cause the ECU to add more fuel to compensate for the denser air .. Pretty neat.

In the past resistors have been added to enrichen but the problem is IAT sensors are not linear and adding a resistor will only change the target % fuel at one temp [the resistor will have more effect at hotter iat and less at colder - not what I wanted]. Two IAT sensors in series will keep the % change the same in all temps. Its a band aid but gets the job done. I tested this last year on a big bore and was happy with the results especially in the etec lean midrange. Pretty sure it will hurt power on a stock engine.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just stared the sled tonight and got the edge a bit, will be sending etec jugs away soon for a allrevsrule performance edge...lol

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either spot in Alberta to get one of these bb kits and installed?
There is a dude on here that does 872 e and Forest Power Sports In P.G has done a hand full with awesome results.Cheers

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you talk to Mr. Linderman ask him how his 860 compares to this 872. He ran both last year and has had the real world comparison with both on the snow. As far as fuel controllers go for the etec we have the spi controller, which is a dobec box complete with aux fuel rail, injectors and electrical harness it is an ADD fuel only and will not pull fuel from the stock map.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you talk to Mr. Linderman ask him how his 860 compares to this 872. He ran both last year and has had the real world comparison with both on the snow. As far as fuel controllers go for the etec we have the spi controller, which is a dobec box complete with aux fuel rail, injectors and electrical harness it is an ADD fuel only and will not pull fuel from the stock map.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

is he running twin pipes? :)

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
The skidoo dealer here in edson has done quite a few of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Give the guys at Riders a call they have done quite a few 872 BB etecs , If you need any other questions answered about our 872 for both the R and the Etec platforms give us a call, We have many great dealers installing our proven BB products, Have been building and developing this great performing product for over 4 years at all elevations and fuel types with over 200 872 Etecs out! We stopped building the 860 BB over 3 years ago and moved on to better product for many reasons! Dave Trygstad 507-281-3545 Home Page

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$5000.0 in Edson for the Kit installed, with the team clutch set up. Dam near turbo price!

??? Have you priced a turbo kit installed? A bare aerocharger and boondocker is 5600us not installed.
A team conversion kit is not cheap either.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What caper said. A good turbo kit installed and set up is bumping close to $10000.00 mark.
$ 5000 seems a bit high but again depends on what is supplied.
If you are keeping your cylinder and stock parts it's in line.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Key word is "Starting" . Not comparing apples to apples in terms of a finished product, however, I have to agree $5000 is a bit much for a big bore kit. Not sure how much of a value the team secondary is, it's more of a cash grab IMO.

I agree the price seems high, I know the price of the actual bb kit, and the team kit, the labor quote to install seems high. Possibly a misquote, I dunno.
Team developed a clutch kit for the 872 so it's packaged together if a person wants the team setup.
I believe there are better and cheaper clutching options than a team setup. Stock clutching is ok with the 872 etec (i rode one) but does not compliment the engine at all.
Lol the stock clutching didn't compliment the stock engine IMO.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree the price seems high, I know the price of the actual bb kit, and the team kit, the labor quote to install seems high. Possibly a misquote, I dunno.
Team developed a clutch kit for the 872 so it's packaged together if a person wants the team setup.
I believe there are better and cheaper clutching options than a team setup. Stock clutching is ok with the 872 etec (i rode one) but does not compliment the engine at all.
Lol the stock clutching didn't compliment the stock engine IMO.

Do you get the Team tie clutch with this kit.?

Top Bottom