860xp

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow....not a lot of bites here!

Well...here's my opinion on the whole thing then. I am on my second big bore. The first made exactly the same HP as the stock motor. The second by Sled Head Racing actually works. Probably an honest 15hp over stock...no I haven't dyno'd it....but clutching doesn't lie. Proper tuning on a dyno may net more gains, but I'm happy with it now and it runs flawless....so I don't want to get it close to the edge.

IF I was to do it again....I wouldn't. I'd get an RKT head, a DP Y-pipe, a can, put 2 flowrites in the airbox, DJ clutch kit...and run it. Saying that, my experience with SHR was awesome. Big John is knowlegable, professional, and actually cares that his product works.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave - Is that 15 HP at the motor or at the track? :)

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hehehe...I'd say motor. She pulls 3g per pin more than a stocker with the same clutching....and I'm spinning 8300 vs 8100 on the stocker.

As I said...I wouldn't do it again. I don't ride like a madman anymore and so I never really notice a difference anyways....it's just kind of an equilizer so I can keep up with the skinny guys on the same types of sleds.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont personally own one. but have installd a few. mainly 827 and ridden a few, and witnessed LOTS.

i will say i have not seen one NOT perform beyond stock. which is what your after right? sure its not leaps and bounds.

but that 827.860,880 machine would get the mark every time.

i had a split second 860 rev against a brand new stock xp last season in renshaw. there was a tree line with some difficult spots.

riders were about the same i would say.

and the 860 blew over the top the first try no problem. took the xp 3 trys and still could not make it.

the 860 was just carrying more speed and staying ontop of the snow.

ive also seen a specialty (rkt) 860 pull a hill on the second try. and it took my mod rev on nitrous with a better track 2 pulls aswell.

they do work. how well is up to you and i think the differance is expectations.

it will work BETTER than stock. but is it worth 2-3g + install (maybe)?

it is for me. it is for my friends.

but people who are expecting turbo eaeting power out of these things are just not thinking clearly.

like dave mentioned. an honest 15hp

which you CAN feel and will notice. throw a shot of nitrous on that andd you have a tough to beat machine

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello dave, dj and max,
If you wouldnt mind giving your opinions maybe you guys could help set me and my buddy in the right direction where headed to valemount thursday, we just put bikemans 880 in my buddys 09 xp, dj's kit with his new ramps. Where should we start with wieght, i believe where at 17.4, the pins will not hold any more, we do have a set of heavier pins though. I believe the kit calls for less but we chose this wieght because bikeman was calling for 19-20 in there kit also what rpms should we be looking for. 09 xp 880 bb, mbrp can , 2 flow rites in airbox. they sent wrong rage cage reeds so there not in yet and we have a 40 shot of nos not installed yet.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Terry

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello dave, dj and max,
If you wouldnt mind giving your opinions maybe you guys could help set me and my buddy in the right direction where headed to valemount thursday, we just put bikemans 880 in my buddys 09 xp, dj's kit with his new ramps. Where should we start with wieght, i believe where at 17.4, the pins will not hold any more, we do have a set of heavier pins though. I believe the kit calls for less but we chose this wieght because bikeman was calling for 19-20 in there kit also what rpms should we be looking for. 09 xp 880 bb, mbrp can , 2 flow rites in airbox. they sent wrong rage cage reeds so there not in yet and we have a 40 shot of nos not installed yet.
Thanks Terry

Dave's 880 is pulling 3g per pin more than stock and running at 8300 RPM, from his post above. So if the bikeman kit is calling for 19-20 that is pretty close (about 2 - 2.5g more than stock). I'll let DaveB speak to the details, I suspect you'll be close though.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm running an split second 860 bb w/jaws twins 14.5-1 compression and the thing really pulls hard nice crisp throttle great for boondocking in the trees then pin it and let her fly!! race a friend with the rt1000 yesterday and blew his doors off so yeah they work and work well when setup rite

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello dave, dj and max,
Thanks Terry

I'd try it there. DJ's ramps (like the 441's) like to be ran in Clicker 4. Bikeman calling for 19-20g pins is probably for the 413 (2008) ramps.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give ralph at split second out of vallyveiw a call... if anyones gonna build a setup that hauls a$$ its gonna be that guy...
he specializes in doo's as well

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give ralph at split second out of vallyveiw a call... if anyones gonna build a setup that hauls a$$ its gonna be that guy...
he specializes in doo's as well

Dave - you wanna respond? LOL

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All that cash missing from your wallet must have made you 1/10th quicker in the quarter no??

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All that cash missing from your wallet must have made you 1/10th quicker in the quarter no??

Would have been further ahead buying polish, chrome and stickers that's for sure...

Top Bottom